Hacking I think I broke my M3...!

Stray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my MicroSD in the mail (Taiwan... Grrr...) and downloaded the firmware update from the M3 website, and then I put all the contents of the RAR file into the MicroSD, including the .nds file. I booted up my M3 and i loaded the .nds file and it did a bunch of stuff, then it brought me to a menu where I could re-select the .nds file, and not knowing truly what to do, I selected it again, then it said something about not being able to find some folder and froze up. Stupidly, I turned it off and back on. It booted okay into the main menu, so i decided to try the PDA and it told me it couldnt find the PDA folder.

Did I like, screw myself by doing that file twice, or can I just format my SD and start over? It booted alright, but didn't find the PDA function. Would I have to DL that function? Argh... I'm so confuzzled.

BMH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The PDA function is only available in the Chinese version of the M3 updates. So thats why you can't boot that feature
smile.gif

Just delete the update file and try some homebrew.

Stray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, BMH, that explains the PDA thing... That worried the hell outta me. I didnt try anything else, oddly enough. I had to get going to work and decided to leave my DS at home, since I hadn't put any homebrew on it yet.

Stray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
good to know i can still have my PDA, but did I do the install right? I still have no answers about what happened when I opened the file twice. it was an .nds file and i tried to look for it in GBA mode, but it couldnt find it so I went to nds mode and found it. All the stuff i've seen about updating says it has to be done in GBA mode O_O

I guess the fact it still boots up is a good sign... right?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you're doing exactly but it definitely sounds like the m3 is just fine and you need to do more research and read the readme's on how to install PDA (PDA = just straight drag the folder to the root of the memory card after extracting and you can run it from the m3 menu I think).

Stray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't remember what the folder was called, but it had a couple mp3 files (one called startup) and a bunch of image files, like backgrounds and icons. The file was something that ended with .nds. I'm not even sure it was the firmware upgrade... I'll have to load some patched homebrew onto it tonight and see if they work.

Another thing.. My MicroSD card slot isnt spring loaded.. Is It supposed to be? I found I had to poke the outside of it with something and almost drag it out. God, those things are fragile.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't remember what the folder was called, but it had a couple mp3 files (one called startup) and a bunch of image files, like backgrounds and icons. The file was something that ended with .nds. I'm not even sure it was the firmware upgrade... I'll have to load some patched homebrew onto it tonight and see if they work.

Another thing.. My MicroSD card slot isnt spring loaded.. Is It supposed to be? I found I had to poke the outside of it with something and almost drag it out. God, those things are fragile.

Yes, it's suppose to be spring loaded. I guess you got a broken one, you should return it for a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O Dude.. Lets not get into that. plz :mellow: