OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have system menu 4.1, and a PAL Wii.
Then i installed this http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU , and updated IOS16, IOS38, IOS60, IOS61 (trucha+ on all of them) and Wii Shop Channel. Then I restart the wii and nothing happens. Preloader don't work, and Bootmii don't work (i took a backup just before I downloaded WiiSCU). Is there anything I can do? :S

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you notice the disclaimer?

Do not modify IOS60 with Wii System Menu 4.1 or before because you will likely brick your Wii if your System Menu requires IOS60 or if you upgrade to a System Menu that requires it. The downloaded version of IOS60 is a stub.

You effectively broke your system menu. Preloader doesn't work because IOS60 was replaced. How was BootMii installed? If its on boot2, by what you say, it should still be there, and you can restore. If its on IOS, then things aren't looking too good.

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you've updated IOS 60 (the one that is used by System Menu 4.1) to the highest version (v6400) which is a stub ie. empty - the 4.1 System Menu on your wii now has no IOS to run on.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lordlom said:
I have system menu 4.1, and a PAL Wii.
Then i installed this http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU , and updated IOS16, IOS38, IOS60, IOS61 (trucha+ on all of them) and Wii Shop Channel. Then I restart the wii and nothing happens. Preloader don't work, and Bootmii don't work (i took a backup just before I downloaded WiiSCU). Is there anything I can do? :S
if you still have warranty just tell them it bricked after 4.2 update and get it repaired if no Warranty then you've just got yourself a nice new shiny white paper weight

lordlom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KiiNG said:
Did you notice the disclaimer?

Do not modify IOS60 with Wii System Menu 4.1 or before because you will likely brick your Wii if your System Menu requires IOS60 or if you upgrade to a System Menu that requires it. The downloaded version of IOS60 is a stub.
Yeah, I thought it said before 4.1
sleep.gif

QUOTE(KiiNG @ Oct 9 2009, 06:09 PM) How was BootMii installed? If its on boot2, by what you say, it should still be there, and you can restore.
It's on Boot2, but it doesnt show up when I start my Wii...

I guess I'll just send it in and hope they don't notice the homebrew...

lordlom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah lol.
But I think i know why it doesn't work... I changed some options and stuff so that Bootmii don't show up
sleep.gif

However, just before I installed WiiSCU, i downloaded Bootmi to the SD-card and installed it again. And when I restarted the Wii Bootmii popped up. Then i Installed IOS60, and it bricked...

Will it work if I copy somebody else's SD-card?

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lordlom said:
Yeah lol.
But I think i know why it doesn't work... I changed some options and stuff so that Bootmii don't show up
sleep.gif

However, just before I installed WiiSCU, i downloaded Bootmi to the SD-card and installed it again. And when I restarted the Wii Bootmii popped up. Then i Installed IOS60, and it bricked...

Did you rename the bootmii folder to stop it loading when powering up? also did you take a copy of your nand?

On your sd card you should have :

bootmii
installer
keys.bin
nand.bin

lordlom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Beast said:
Did you rename the bootmii folder to stop it loading when powering up? also did you take a copy of your nand?No I didn't rename it, I changed some settings I don't remember, cause I didn't knew I could just rename the folder -__-. And yeah, I took a nand copy just before it bricked.
QUOTE(The Beast @ Oct 10 2009, 12:13 AM) On your sd card you should have :

bootmii
installer
keys.bin
nand.bin

No I don't have keys.bin.
Can you please make a copy of the content on your SD card, and upload it to mediafire or something, so I can try to boot it that way? It robably won't work though...

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lordlom said:
The Beast said:
Did you rename the bootmii folder to stop it loading when powering up? also did you take a copy of your nand?No I didn't rename it, I changed some settings I don't remember, cause I didn't knew I could just rename the folder -__-. And yeah, I took a nand copy just before it bricked.
QUOTE(The Beast @ Oct 10 2009, 12:13 AM) On your sd card you should have :

bootmii
installer
keys.bin
nand.bin

No I don't have keys.bin.
Can you please make a copy of the content on your SD card, and upload it to mediafire or something, so I can try to boot it that way? It robably won't work though...

That's not allow here.
I know it kinda too late, but you should have done a little bit more research before trying doing stuff like that.

lordlom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup
frown.gif
I probably wouldn't have done it if it said
QUOTE said:
If you are using System Menu 4.1 or earlier, do not install IOS60 with this tool. Instead ofQUOTEIf you are using any System Menu released before or is System Menu 4.1, do not install IOS60 with this tool.
though -__-

I think I'll just sell my games and accesories and by a PS3 then. lol

D

Deleted User

lordlom said:
Yup
frown.gif
QUOTE said:
If you are using System Menu 4.1 or earlier, do not install IOS60 with this tool. Instead of
QUOTE said:
If you are using any System Menu released before or is System Menu 4.1, do not install IOS60 with this tool. though -__-

I've logged in after a long time just to post this reply; you are an idiot. I was respecting you for being tolerant a minute earlier, but now I regret it. If you are in attainment of IQ over 75, you should know what this means:
If you are using any System Menu released before or is System Menu 4.1, do not install IOS60 with this tool.

Please, refrain from flaming the author, it was good enough of him to develop this program, and you dictate it due to your idiocity is just hilarious.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
lordlom said:
Yup
frown.gif
QUOTE said:
If you are using System Menu 4.1 or earlier, do not install IOS60 with this tool. Instead ofQUOTEIf you are using any System Menu released before or is System Menu 4.1, do not install IOS60 with this tool.
though -__-

WOW... now what you have said is confusing. I think the original is written well enough so even an idiot could understand it

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lordlom said:
Yeah lol.
sleep.gif

why don't you check your bootmii.ini file configuration. try to check the boot delay setup. as long as bootmii is at boot2 it will stay unless you uninstall it using the hackmii installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs