Gaming I think i bricked my psp...

Dio141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so here's what happened: i saw that there was an option on the ultimate vsh menu to transform a normal battery into a pandora,so, out of curiosity, i put the option to tranform it, them turned it off them turned it on. nothing changed. i thought that i should go to the recovery menu, in the ultimate vsh menu there was an option to go there, so i clicked. i was on the recovery menu. there was nothing about pandora. so i them hit exit. the psp didn't did anything more. just stayed on a black screen. i tried removing the battery and only turn it on with the usb charger(my psp is a 1001, so it connects where a normal charger would) and just for a small fraction of seconds the screen turns on and goes off. if i try to use with the battery, the light just stays green but nothing happens...
what should i do?

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Try using the proper outlet charger without the battery inserted. The USB charger probably doesn't provide enough power to keep the PSP on. Then when the firmware is loaded insert the battery and change the battery back to a normal battery.

Dio141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
don't think this is true because there a a day that i was playing and the psp for some reason frozed(if asks, i'm using m33) i tried turning it of, but didn't work. tried removing the battery but i forget that i was playing while charging, and the frozen screen was still there...at least the way i remember, that happened...

EDIT: now i noticed something really bizarre: if take everything out of the psp(the usb charger and the battery) it goes off.nothing really strange. but if i put the battery,even without turning it on, the light goes green.wtf? o____O

sebnec

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dio141 said:
don't think this is true because there a a day that i was playing and the psp for some reason frozed(if asks, i'm using m33) i tried turning it of, but didn't work. tried removing the battery but i forget that i was playing while charging, and the frozen screen was still there...at least the way i remember, that happened...

EDIT: now i noticed something really bizarre: if take everything out of the psp(the usb charger and the battery) it goes off.nothing really strange. but if i put the battery,even without turning it on, the light goes green.wtf? o____O

If the light turns green when you insert the battery, that's normal: it's because... it is a Pandora battery! Congratulations: you successfuly transformed it!

You can't turn your PSP anymore with the battery inserted (except if you install some kind of special apps on your memory card, but it would be too long to explain) so just do what raing3 told you:

1) turn the system off
2) remove the battery pack
3) plug the power adaptor on the wall then in your PSP
4) turn the PSP on, thanks to the electrical power of the AC adaptor.

You'll see it launches normaly.

When you're in the XMB, then insert the battery (not before) and run a program to turn it back to its normal state.

That's all and there's no reason to be afraid: your only problem is just that a Pandora battery can not be used in a PSP like a normal one. Its function is different.

EDIT: if you're really stressed, there is an ultimate solution: install a program on your memory card so you can turn your PSP on with the Pandora battery inserted. But I'll tell you about it later, if the solution raing3 and I provided you did not work (which would really surprise me).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-