I think I bricked by 3DS- Please Help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by OrdinaryFefan-, Jun 4, 2017.

1. OrdinaryFefan-
    OP

OrdinaryFefan- Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    Okay, First off I am very new to the whole 3DS hacking community (as well as this website) so please bare with me. Anyway, I've upgraded from A9LH to B9S. Following the 3ds.guide site instructions. Completing the steps as exactly as they were written. (Expect the part with deleting all bin files in "luma > payloads" due following another guide of unbanning my 3ds from the most recent ban wave. May be irrelevant but whatever-) Since I know anything could happen at any given rate that could in theory brick my 3ds. When I finally finished nothing wrong happened. Everything was working fine. It was then, I read at the bottom of the A9LH to BS9 page that I could now have the ability to hold (Start,Select,X) on boot to dump the ARM11 bootrom (boot11.bin), the ARM9 bootrom (boot9.bin), and my console's unique OTP (OTP.bin). Which I figured would be for other stuff that would come in handy, in the furture. Before doing that however, I updated luma to the current version and not touch the hourly bulids since I've heard their broken. After updating luma. I turned off my system to now attempt what I've have mentioned before. I pressed X Select and Start on O3DSXL and nothing happened. The system didn't turn on at all. So I figured I can just turn on the power once more and nothing. The blue little light to indicate that the system was on just slowly flashed and went off. I have no clue what happened, of there's even a solution to this "potential brick". Here I am now, after making an account. Asking for any help I can find, so please I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance! ;)

~OrdinaryFeFan-

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If the light goes on then off that means you are missing boot.firm from the root of your SD card.

Mark McDonut likes this.
  3. OrdinaryFefan-
    OP

OrdinaryFefan- Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    Oh, Im gonna try that right now, and nothing.

4. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    Try formatting the sd card. It could be corrupted or fragmented

5. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Don't use the current hourlies as they're broken

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  6. OrdinaryFefan-
    OP

OrdinaryFefan- Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    Nevermind I tried puting my old A9HL files (arm9loaderhax.bin) files back and it new boot.fim files from the latest release of luma3ds. And it worked. Thanks Again :)

7. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Looks like you didn't manage to update to b9s then :-p

8. zaqqaz00

zaqqaz00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2010
    United States
    Dallas
    Isee you updated LUMA and that may be the problem
    I assume your now on B9S
    Manually download Luma 7.1 and install the boot.firm, overwrite the current one on your sd card
    if that works. place a copy in your CTRNAND

9. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Did you read any of the replies before you posted this?

10. OrdinaryFefan-
    OP

OrdinaryFefan- Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    yeah I figured I gonna try the process again. Hopefully actually installing it this time around

11. zaqqaz00

zaqqaz00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2010
    United States
    Dallas
    I am sorry I don't have your eye glasses
    However,
    Are you the forum cat or cop?
    I believe the latter.
    You always leave your snide remarks everywhere.
    I am frankly quite sick of it.
    Leave your negativity elsewhere
    This post of yours is right up there with where you turned the Gateway help requester into an alcoholic.
    TD

Last edited by zaqqaz00, Jun 5, 2017