Hacking I suck at hacking and desperately need help

omgwtflol420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run Tatsunoko vs. Capcom through the Wii Backup loader, but every time, I end up unsuccessful. I'm currently running 3.3U firmware, but I've tried so many different "solutions", and still remain unsuccessful. Currently, whenever I try to run the game, I get a DVD read error 324. I'm starting to worry that all the different methods I've tried are going to end up bricking my Wii...

Anyway, if anyone would be so kind to explain what I need to do so that even a moron like me can understand, it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any more information, and I'll provide whatever I can. Thanks much.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search or Google for:
DVD read error 324
You'll find it.
I believe it may have to do with your Media or Settings (Booktype DVD ROM).
I'll most likely find your answer in "Burning Disc".

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are many guides for morons already out there nobody is going to fix it for you. use the search button. This place is junked up with lame threads anyway. this would be one less lame thread

omgwtflol420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried installing CIOS v7, but it's never worked for me, even after downgrading back to 3.2U. Also, I don't have any other backups; this is my first attempt.

And I'm not dumb enough that I didn't think to search google first for a solution. The problem is that I got so many different responses, each of them different, so it's tough to get a straight answer; that's why I'm here.

Capn_Makeveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to have IOS 249 installed before it works. And on +R media the booktype set to DVD-Rom. Whenever I downgraded I had to reinstall the cIOS.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgwtflol420 said:
I've tried installing CIOS v7, but it's never worked for me, even after downgrading back to 3.2U. Also, I don't have any other backups; this is my first attempt.

And I'm not dumb enough that I didn't think to search google first for a solution. The problem is that I got so many different responses, each of them different, so it's tough to get a straight answer; that's why I'm here.

Why downgrading back to 3.2u ??? DONT! I have 3.3u and it works fine!

omgwtflol420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I see...will I have to get rid of all the other IOS files using IOS downgrader first?

Edit: Dammit! All the fixes I can find involve using anytitledeleter, but since WiiBrew's down, I can't get it...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have homebrew already then you are done... Now, you need those:

Wiigator 0.3g folder
cIOS Installer (v7) folder

Put those folders into apps folder

Now, go to homebrew, installing cIOS first then insert your backup wii game (dvd-r is better) on your wii then click Wiigator 0.3g and follow the instruction on the screen..
smile.gif

omgwtflol420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to install CIOS, it claims to be getting the IOS36 Metadata, then goes through the usual stuff, but it eventually fails at the very end, claiming "add content title" or something like that failed, with a -1017 error. And when I try to run the backup, I get the 324 error (though normal games still work just fine)

Capn_Makeveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like it's not downloading the necessary files from the net. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Make sure that you're able to connect.

omgwtflol420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had trouble connecting before, but I'll check and see if that's the problem...

Edit: Yeah, I'm connected, but I'm still getting the same error. Maybe it would be easier to identify the problem if I took pictures?

omgwtflol420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still on 3.3U. I'll have pics in a minute or two.

Edit: Here. Sorry, they're a little big...

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

So does this help? It's probably just a stupid mistake on my part...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like that you doesn't have Wii Lan Adapter, is that correct ? I had that problem about a month ago until I decide to purchased a Wii Lan Adapter and removed those files and try again and it works fine.

omgwtflol420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think I needed one. I've always had no trouble connecting to the internet through my existing wireless connection. Not to mention that the Homebrew Channel recognizes my connection.

Maybe I just burned the disc wrong. I mounted it using ImgBurn and ran it through BrickBlocker, but I never used ISOPatcher, so that might be a problem.

Anyway, I'm going to try the method described here and see if it helps. Here's hoping...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you don't needed one but it was difficult for me because I tried it too when I had no internet and I gave up and get one and it works awesome and faster.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: