I should really not Google marshmallows while eating them...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Don't go googling what's in any food. If you keep doing that, you'll soon learn that nearly every piece of food has something ridiculously disgusting in it.
Like raspberry and strawberry flavoring. Do not google it. :sleep:

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone want to know the permitted amounts of insects and mice hair allowed in food production?

1 mice hair and about 60 insect fragments per 100g of chocolate on average.
In every 100g wheat it's 2 hairs instead, there's no way to avoid it. :tpi: We eat like 2 pounds of insects each year this way.

Reactions: NahuelDS

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And to think there are cultures out there that willingly eat insects! SO GROSS!

They are quite clean if done right, high in energy and nice stuff, do not require nearly as much feeding as mammal, bird and fish farming, can be done in conditions where mammal, bird and fish farming is not so easy (including significantly less area) and are generally quite edible. To that end what is wrong with insects?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
They are quite clean if done right, high in energy and nice stuff, do not require nearly as much feeding as mammal, bird and fish farming, can be done in conditions where mammal, bird and fish farming is not so easy (including significantly less area) and are generally quite edible. To that end what is wrong with insects?

Nothing, my post was making fun of others. Sarcasm, eh?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was eating. Damn, that powdered cow horn is so good... especially in s'mores.
well at least you didnt google "blue waffle"

but you can make your own marshmallow really easy, not marshmallows ,more like fluff but a little firmer ,not as firm as marshmallows and much better than fluff,
without gelatin

i did it before you just heat sugar and water and maybe cornsyrup in a pan ,and beat egg whites till soft peaks form then beat in the sugar syrup ,and add a little vanilla

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ehhh... knew about it and not surprised.
You'd be surprised the amount of things we eat when it doesn't appear to be what we think it is.
For example,
When u eat something that has an artificial vanilla flavor, more than 90% of the time, castoreum is used.
What is castoreum? It's a substance produced from a beaver's anal glands. Meaning it comes out from it's ass.
Think twice before eating ice cream! XD

Reactions: Xarsah16

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well i mean its not terrible, but its made out of acid soaked/ground up animal bones.

Vinegar (ethanoic acid), pineapple juice and lemon/lime juice (citric acid) are all used as preservatives/curatives for various things.

Boiling skin, tendons and bones is also how you make stock, a lot of soup bases and part of how you make better gravy. Bone marrow works in much the same way and is eaten in its own right in a great many places (and not even just the "somewhere in Asia" thing).

I can understand it might seem somewhat odd for those among us that might not have but to pluck a bird, gut a fish or skin a rabbit but practically it is no different to grinding wheat.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ehhh... knew about it and not surprised.
You'd be surprised the amount of things we eat when it doesn't appear to be what we think it is.
For example,
When u eat something that has an artificial vanilla flavor, more than 90% of the time, castoreum is used.
What is castoreum? It's a substance produced from a beaver's anal glands. Meaning it comes out from it's ass.
Think twice before eating ice cream! XD

There Is a Special Place in Hell For People like you.......

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I know what the other 1% in marshmallows is-

mlfw1531_Xht0T.png
Just kidding, I actually don't.

XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat