Hacking I REALLY NEED HELP WITH VWII

MrChon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to the community, I need as much help as possible .. this is one of the simple posts that say they don't know what to do with vwii, but my case is a little more special, since I literally can't do anything because MI VWII doesn't have Almost no iOS installed..

I explain, my vwii was bricked because I installed some wads of any tutorial, since the d2x could not install them, so I installed the wads and when I went to homebrew I realized that it did not load, restart the console and the vwii menu also did not load .. so I decided to undo all the cios with the "wad manager mod for the wii u" and restart the console and I wanted to open the application and I realized that it did not open, so now I have no way to install anything because my wii u does not have a backup nor does ios..

from the heart I ask you to help me with web pages or by sharing in post or sharing the "slccmpt.bin" as much as the backup or the original (in a special case that someone from heart share the "slccmpt" "we speak by discord") lately HERE EVERYTHING CONTRIBUTES. And finally, I clarify that my Wii U is an American version (5.5.3U)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't do anything with the slcmpt without the otp.bin. it's encrypted. I don't know if you can mount the dump, then extract files from it or not. this is an area that I don't know much about, but you can do that on the pc.

you made no backups? you must've followed a bad tutorial, because the one on temp has you make a full NAND backup as well as a backup of all ios (just in case something goes wrong). I know you can fix vwii bricks on the wii u side, but if there's literally nothing in that NAND, I have no idea what to do then.

Reactions: MrChon

MrChon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The truth is that I do not know what to do, I hope to find an application that allows you to install the ios from the homebrew of the wii u, what I was thinking was that in a special case of someone giving me a backup from your usb or sd, wouldn't it work or would it? Anyway thank you bro for your answer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can't do anything with the slcmpt without the otp.bin. it's encrypted. I don't know if you can mount the dump, then extract files from it or not. this is an area that I don't know much about, but you can do that on the pc.

The truth is that I do not know what to do, I hope to find an application that allows you to install the ios from the homebrew of the wii u, what I was thinking was that in a special case of someone giving me a backup from your usb or sd, wouldn't it work or would it? Anyway thank you bro for your answer

you made no backups? you must've followed a bad tutorial, because the one on temp has you make a full NAND backup as well as a backup of all ios (just in case something goes wrong). I know you can fix vwii bricks on the wii u side, but if there's literally nothing in that NAND, I have no idea what to do then.

Last edited by MrChon,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan might know what to do in this case. @Leeful might as well, since afaik, he's the dev who figured out hard mod a fix for corrupted NANDs (at least those that happened with cbhc). @Kafluke also wrote a tutorial on it. I'm sure one of those three would know how to restore an empty NAND.

here's what it will look like:
upload_2020-1-6_0-38-9.png

you need the otp.bin from the same system in order to make changes or extract anything. it errors if it can't find that file. also, slcmpt and slc should be: 540,672KBs apiece.

Last edited by godreborn,

MrChon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan might know what to do in this case. @Leeful might as well, since afaik, he's the dev who figured out hard mod a fix for corrupted NANDs (at least those that happened with cbhc). @Kafluke also wrote a tutorial on it. I'm sure one of those three would know how to restore an empty NAND.

here's what it will look like: View attachment 192481

you need the otp.bin from the same system in order to make changes or extract anything. it errors if it can't find that file. also, slcmpt and slc should be: 540,672KBs apiece.

Bro really thank you very much, tomorrow I will investigate more about my situation in gbatemp and I will also try to talk to the users you named. I hope to find a solution to my problem since it is not entertaining to want and at the same time not being able to play :(

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking you can use donor files (files decrypted), but I don't really know. I mean is just the NAND encrypted or is each file as well. if it's the latter, you may have a problem. though, there's a way to fix vwii bricks using I think it's called wuphax. I don't know what's involved, never bricked my vwii.

MrChon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking you can use donor files (files decrypted), but I don't really know. I mean is just the NAND encrypted or is each file as well. if it's the latter, you may have a problem. though, there's a way to fix vwii bricks using I think it's called wuphax. I don't know what's involved, never bricked my vwii.

Apparently only wuphax is used to reset mii channel of vwii in some way or another I will try to get any type of file that is necessary, finally to launch the wad manager from the wii u

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. a lot of people have bricked their vwii, usually the result of using an ios from the wii itself. I don't know if there's a point to where it can't be fixed software wise. it's probably fixable, but might require a reflash of the NAND.. afaik (could be wrong), you can dump the nand without the otp.bin, but you can't decrypt it without it, so cbhc people should always keep that otp.bin safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not