I really need help with a DVD+R DL disc...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Brian117, Oct 29, 2008.

Oct 29, 2008
  1. Brian117
    OP

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    SHOOT, I POSTED TWO TIMES, SORRY ABOUT THAT. WOULD A MOD PLEASE DELETE THE OTHER?

x____x

I posted a few times in the Wiigators Backup Loader thread, no one got back to me.

I recently got some Memorex DVD+R DL's

I really really want to make a legit backup copy of my Super Smash Bros Brawl.

So, I got a ISO of a DVD9 copy. DVD9 means it's the real official game right?

Anyways, I extracted the ISO into the backup loader patcher folder.

Patched it. ( I still have the original unpatched ISO also)

I went to burn it with ImgBurn. I set the write speed to x4, copies 1.

It takes about 2 hours to finish. I eject the disc, to find out I see no writable things on the disc. I insert the disc back in my drive, start up ImgBurn again, Select "Read", and it says the disc is empty!?

Why didn't it burn the first time? So right now, I've wasted about 3 DL discs >D.

Why won't the dang thing burn? I would really like some assistance on this issue. I spent $15 for just 5

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Duel layer discs they are very sensitive when it comes to burning and the wii finds it harder to read the disc more than it would a normal blank dvd , The first thing that comes to mind is your writer isn't good enough to burn duel layer discs, what dvd burner do you have? Also it should never take 2 hours thats far to long.

3. Brian117
    OP

United States
    I honestly couldn't even tell you. I don't even know how to find out.

4. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    use clonecd it's the best software for DVD DL and use -r not +r and use the second option with the pencil pic on it and it will burn in about 43 minutes at 2.4x speed , you don't need to patch ISO , enjoy it's a great game [​IMG] no 4x speed for dl it's not good [​IMG]

5. Brian117
    OP

United States
    +R's were the only kind I could find.

So you're saying +R's won't work at all!?

6. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't messed with Dual Layer DVD's at all, but one, DVD9 is another name for Dual Layer discs (as opposed to DVD5, which are Single Layered.). You might wana try burning at a slower speed, and see if your drive even supports burning of Dual Layer DVD's. (you can google your drive or just use dvdinfo)

Also, why even patch the game? The newer back up loader works fine with unpatched games.

7. Brian117
    OP

United States
    I patched it just incase.

Maybe the patched one works, and the regular doesn't.

But since it's not even burning, I won't even know.

But now everytime I try to burn at x6 with ImgBurn, something about a L0 error occurs?

EDIT: I selected x2.4 speed. And it's writing leadins and sectors right now. I'll wait 2 hours, and see if it worked.

EDIT2: The writing sectors is what I want correct? That means it's writing the information? Because all the other discs said "writing leadin" the whole time it was burning. It never said writing sectors, afaik.

8. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    it should work with the same settings I posted , but -r worked better for me [​IMG]