I need suggestions..

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does such a game even exist? I can't think of any game that has all of the things you're asking for, Megaman Zero comes close I guess, and the Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Sengoku Basara series have everything you said minus Side Scrolling, they're actually a different genre entirely...but I don't think there's a game that has all of the things you're asking for.

Arfiol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbproject.hostoi.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Does such a game even exist? I can't think of any game that has all of the things you're asking for, Megaman Zero comes close I guess, and the Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Sengoku Basara series have everything you said minus Side Scrolling, they're actually a different genre entirely...but I don't think there's a game that has all of the things you're asking for.

I agree. You're setting the bar WAY too high here...

You might want to check out Guardian Heroes, though. It's on the Saturn, but I don't really know what else to say...

Acetonide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps the bar is a bit high but there are games that fit generally with a few things missing. x]] I'm generally open to any suggestions for anything that comes even remotely close to it..

Besides, how is there not such a game for Windows? Tyrian did all of that as a top-down scrolling shooter and it was a DOS game. ._.''

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Er, Dungeon Fighter Online?

Probably one of the funner 2D sidescrolling RPG fighters out there, and about the only one I can even think of.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gundam Eclipse said:
...Doesn't the Tales series fit the bill perfectly?
You could play Tales of Innocence (Eng patch released) and Tales of Hearts (still being translated.)

Tales games are epic, but no where near what he seems to be looking for. Especially him not wanting a story to get in the way. Tales games are hugely story focused.

Acetonide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Er, Dungeon Fighter Online?

Probably one of the funner 2D sidescrolling RPG fighters out there, and about the only one I can even think of.

Not looking for an online game.. I thought I said that specifically but perhaps not. >.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want an online game, then good luck. You'll never find something close to what you're looking for.

actually I lied. Ragnarok battle Offline. That's the absolute closest you could ever get to an RPG sidescrolling fighter.

Multiple classes.
Each class gets its own unique skill tree
Decent amount of levels
Tons of arena levels.

Though good luck finding it these days. I have no idea where to DL it anymore.

...now I want to go play RBO.

Acetonide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
If you don't want an online game, then good luck. You'll never find something close to what you're looking for.

actually I lied. Ragnarok battle Offline. That's the absolute closest you could ever get to an RPG sidescrolling fighter.

Multiple classes.
Each class gets its own unique skill tree
Decent amount of levels
Tons of arena levels.

Though good luck finding it these days. I have no idea where to DL it anymore.

...now I want to go play RBO.
Thanks.. It looks pretty good.. Now I just need to see if I can find a place to get it.. xD
Nvm.. Found it.. I think. xD

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the Symphony of the Night style Castlevania games?
Side-scollers
Beat 'em up
Leveling up
Gathering abilities
Can skip through the story blurbs

SotN - PS1
Aria of Sorrow - GBA
Dawn of Sorrow - DS
Harmony of Despair - Xbox 360 (

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: The animators knew what they were doing.