I need some help (supercard dsonei)

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by hollywood6964, Jun 27, 2009.

Jun 27, 2009
  1. hollywood6964
    OP

Newcomer hollywood6964 Newbie

United States
    hi, I have a ds lite (dsi is being fixed by nintendo) that I'm running an acekard 2 and also a supercard dsonei. I have a couple of micro sd's, one is a sandisk class 2 4gb/ the other is a sandisk class 2 8gb

With both cards if I use the acekard, there is about a 2 1/2 seconf load time to load the ds games, and with game with a video like castlevania dawn of sorrow, the video at the beginning runs fine and smooth.

Now, with both cards, if I use the supercards dsi, there is a feww seconds to load, which is fine I guess, but when I try to run a game like castlevania dos, and watch the same video at the beginning, it run choppy and skips frames, like the video is requiring to much write speed for the card or something.....

Now, since I have a couple cards, I'm probably ok there (although I had another sandisk class 1 think, because it didn't state class on card micro sd 8gb, and I didn't have a supercard at the time and on the acekard, there wasn't any loading time at all, only on gba games, maybe 2 1/2 seconds).

Could it be the cards (all three, including the first one which worked great, were bought off ebay)? Could it be that the supercard requires a high speed card (I have tried to set the speed in the supercard manual option, autospeed setting option, and with no options chosen also with options)? Could it be I have a bad supercard? (Also, when I tried to customize the card, and then tried to run the nesds, it said I had a driver missing, then I just reinstalled the nesds, and it works)

I have the lastest firmware, but I don't know if the special read me instructions has anything to do with it- "the size type of #3690 is 256Mbit, so need much time to create a save file. we suggest you copy the cvn-mio.sav and rename it with the same filename as the rom file, then put it into the same folder with the rom".

If anybody has anything, let me know, thanks!

2. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Supercards are know to choke on certain games if your card speed is low. I would suggest trying to get a class 6 if you are able. Class 1/2 cards are kinda on the low end of the spectrum speed wise.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can also try using the Tripple Loader to run the game from the DSTT menu (or YS Menu) instead. While this does mean you won't be able to run the games with the SCDS-specific features, it's been reported to run games faster (so for instance that video won't be as choppy).

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Too bad he has a DSOnei and the Triple Loader doesn't work with it for some reason.