I need help working the emulators.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kraken Soup, May 7, 2009.

May 7, 2009
  1. Kraken Soup
    OP

Newcomer Kraken Soup Newbie

United States
    Hey, guys. I hope someone here can help me out. Lately, I've been trying to update my emulators, but for some reason whenever I try to run the newest version of whatever emulator, I get a black screen. The Homebrew Browser works fine, and I'm able to navigate through it normally, but after it finishes download, extracting and all that good stuff, I go to the Homebrew Loader and try to run them. I always get a black screen though. This never used to happen. When I downloaded emulators before they worked perfect.

I use a MicroSD in a SD Adapter. The MicroSD is formatted in FAT.
    I checked to see if my MicroSD is compatible and from what I understand it should work as good as any other SD Card out there.

I'm new so I hope this is in the right section, and if its not a thousand apologies. ^^;
    Point me in the right direction and I shall ask my question there.

I will greatly appreciate any help.

2. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do you have a modchip

3. Kraken Soup
    OP

United States
    No, I do not own a modchip. I'm sure that not having a modchip doesn't effect the emulators. Reason being is that a friend of mine, who doesn't own a modchip, has the emulators working perfect. I haven't the slightest clue of why the emulators don't work for me. Other programs like "KidsPaint" work. Only the emulators are giving me problems.

4. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know that happened to me when I installed patchmii incorrectly with my modchip.

I bet it has something to do with dvdx though.

5. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    yeah, it happens when you install DVDX to use IOS249 (cIOS), this is because of that buggy cIOS, works perfectly fine when installing DVDX the "normal" way

6. Kraken Soup
    OP

United States
    Thank you both Nintendo_Chick and Jacobeian.
    The emulators are working perfect. [​IMG]