I need help with PCHEX

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ed1004, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Ed1004
    OP

Ed1004 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    United States
    Hello I currently use the program PCHEX made by @Stracker it works when I change the species of the pokemon but it does not pass hack checks online how can one fix this?

Last edited by Ed1004, Feb 14, 2016
  2. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Well you have to make sure that it looks like a legal Pokemon. I'd go to a site like Bulbapedia and create a Pokemon based on what you see there. I'm not sure what the online checks check, but it obviously won't let you fight with a Magicarp with Giga Impact as one of it's moves.

3. Ed1004
    OP

Ed1004 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    United States
    I make it look like the smogon specs but it simply won't work @Just Passing By

4. Just Passing By

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    There still can be problems with the Pokemon like giving it a move that it can't learn on that level. If you can, describe the Pokemon the best you have the best you can.

5. Ed1004
    OP

Ed1004 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    United States
    Ok so I got a magikarp I edited it to make it a heracross I changed the lev el to 100 the ivs to 6 amd edited The EVs as I saw fit and gave it moves that smogon said it would be good with then I exported the save and went on my game but when I tried to battle online with it it simply didn't work so I went and brought the her cross to the daycare bred it and hatched its egg and edited the hatched one and then it worked perfectly fine @Just Passing By

6. Just Passing By

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Makes sense. Obviously the game-generated Heracross would work because it was legally made and you only changed certain attributes that the game wouldn't have a problem with.

Tbh, if you really want to create new Pokemon without a huge hassle, just download PKHex and edit your save on your computer. The problem with PCHex is that it doesn't have all the functionality that PKHex has and that's what's messing you up.

7. Slashcash

Slashcash GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    Italy
    The species editing function of PCHex is unlikely to generate legit pokemon for various reasons. I would suggest to not use it if you want to take your pokemon online. There are other ways to inject legit pokemon in your savefile (look at PKHex)