Gaming I need help with fixing my DSi

DashieKin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally I took it apart to clean it a bit as the shoulder buttons would click but not really register. I pressed on the Left shoulder button while trying to unscrew something else and it just fell apart. I know I'd be "wasting my time" repairing this but I was wondering if I could get better buttons and stuff. I don't mind 3rd party companies but I do want to fix this as a project. I also noticed when I put it back together and played Sonic Classic Collection, the screen flickers when I pressed the D-Pad and this hasn't happened before, I know I screwed something up but I don't exactly know what.

Attachments

• 15811889675666078132130642972065.jpg
    15811889675666078132130642972065.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 204

The_Debt_Collector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You'll probably have to buy a new case and go to the trouble of installing it yourself. If the screen flickers during gameplay then the ribbon connecting the screen to the motherboard probably isn't properly connected.

Reactions: DashieKin

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has the trigger button broken ? or did you just not fit it on properly?

With the DSi, the screen voltage adjusters are on the ribbon cable that the L+R triggers and SD card slot are on, if those voltage adjuster screws are knocked they can often cause the screens to flicker like you described.

DashieKin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the trigger button broken ? or did you just not fit it on properly?

With the DSi, the screen voltage adjusters are on the ribbon cable that the L+R triggers and SD card slot are on, if those voltage adjuster screws are knocked they can often cause the screens to flicker like you described.
It just fell apart kinda, the spring and the button just fell apart

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You'll probably have to buy a new case and go to the trouble of installing it yourself. If the screen flickers during gameplay then the ribbon connecting the screen to the motherboard probably isn't properly connected.
I mean, I could try replacing the case, the screen flickering could be due to the ribbon connecting with the screen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It just fell apart kinda, the spring and the button just fell apart
That is pretty normal (unless any plastic pieces are broken). When unscrewing the part that holds the shoulder buttons in place you can take out the spring, the plastic pieces and a small metal rod. Look at the pictures on ifixit.com for reassembling them. Pretty fiddly but nothing too bad.

Reactions: banjo2

DashieKin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[UPDATE] I ended up fixing it, I glued the spring back to it's place and the button works, keyword "works" because I have to press down on it instead of tapping the Right shoulder button

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk