i need help opening my friends ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kenio8185, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009
  1. kenio8185
    OP

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    One of the screws (its behind the battery on the right bottom corner) has been kinda messed up. It now just looks like a circle instead of what it should look like. I tried to take a pic of it but it kept comming out really blurry. Anyways, does anyone have any ideas? I don't mind breaking the outer shell, i can get another one of those, the motherbored is the important part. Anyways, any ideas?

2. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    You can either try drilling the screw out or heating it up with a soldering iron, and then opening the DS while the screw is still hot, just dont put to much pressure on the screw with the soldering iron, because you don't want it popping out of the front of the DS. [​IMG]

3. kenio8185
    OP

Canada
    i don't mean to be rude or anything but how would heating the screw up help? are you saying that i should melt it with a soldering iron (i'm not sure if it would melt) or what?

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    No the screw wouldn't melt but the plastic surrounding it will.

5. kenio8185
    OP

Canada
    oh, then it will come out easier, ok, i think i will try that plan out. Thx for the help, i need to solder some things in that ds and it would have been VERY difficult to do it with the plastic on. Thx for the help.

6. Purses

Member Purses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why are you opening it?