1. DuskMoon

OP DuskMoon Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi, first time here.
    I1m trying to edit character sprites in advance wars DS but I'm having trouble with the compressed files,
    I looked everywere how to decompress the images but no luck.
    I unpacket the rom and found the folder named "syogun" with every sprite individualy compressed with no extession name.
    I really don't know how to turn those files into editable images, any help would be appreciated.

Tarmfot likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    In case you were not aware then there is a fairly active community for hacking advance wars over at http://forums.warsworldnews.com/

Anyway I don't have my tools with me right now. What did you try? I don't imagine the likes of crystaltile2, tinke and all the other big tools will have failed for such a game.

3. DuskMoon

OP DuskMoon Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    thanks for the reply, I know warsworld and it helps with values and hex in general but not with my problem.
    I tryed most of the common tools like crystaltile2, tile molester, tinke, ndsts.
    but none got me to view the sprites I need correctly, or maybe I don't know how to use them fully.

4. DuskMoon

OP DuskMoon Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil

5. DuskMoon

OP DuskMoon Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    solved!
    GBA graphic tools do the job

Tarmfot and x65943 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compression, modding, Advance