1. dwain12435

OP dwain12435 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I need somebody to please upload the hex view of the first 64 bytes of their twln.bin. If you upload a picture, please use an actual screenshot, I need it to be legible.

NOTE: Not copyrighted content, it's just the FAT header.

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Im gonna take a wild guess and ask. May we know what you are actually trying to do aside from just asking of rather random info?

E1ite007 and KleinesSinchen like this.
  3. dwain12435

United States
    Oh, I botched my TWLNAND doing some random experiments so I had to rebuild it from scratch. I successfully made a new one based on the header info of my TWLPHOTO partition, and now GodMode9 shows my TWLNAND drive as being the same size as my TWLPHOTO drive, so I need the header info of someone else's TWLNAND to fix this issue. NOTE: The twln.bin file is the proper size, the issue with the size is only on the main screen of GodMode9 where all the drives are listed.

Last edited by dwain12435, Oct 24, 2020
  4. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

Germany
    Since [2:] SYSNAND TWLN contains console-unique data¹ you'd better restore a backup instead of trying to rebuild it.

:!: Do not experiment with twlmbr.bin that will not end well.

¹To make that clear: Not the header is unique. But if you did experiments with twln.bin you should restore are clean backup anyway instead of manually hex-editing the header. Even though it looks like "just a generic FAT16 header" I won't share the data online. Nintendo is pretty aggressive and I consider it possible that Nintendo claims copyright for nonsense that is not even copyrighted or not their IP.

If somebody else wants to do it… I won't for the above two reasons.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Oct 24, 2020
  5. dwain12435

United States
    1. The TWLNAND does not contain console specific files.
    2. I don't have a backup.
    3. Nintendo can't send a DMCA notice for uploading a FAT header, they don't have copyright for FAT.
    4. Please upload the screenshot!!!

6. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

Germany
    1. Yes it does. inspect.log and product.log
      • These might be recoverable inside the damaged image with data recovery software on a desktop computer (unless the partition has been completely wiped).
    2. You need to have a NAND image before doing experiments. I would have had to pay many thousands (!) of Euros for used consoles because of experiments gone wrong without proper backups.
    3. I can send a DMCA notice for the letter "A" if I want to. It's not justified but I can do it. (Yes, this is exaggerated)
      • Even without any copyright issues I don't see hex-editing is a valid method for repairing not precisely described damage. I will never encourage people to do something like this by uploading screenshots with hex-numbers into a public forum.
    4. Try CTRTransfer Type D9 after backing up the bricked state. (Something could go wrong and make things worse)

7. dwain12435

United States
    1. I forgot about these, I deleted them long ago because they aren't necessary. They aren't stored anywhere near the beginning of the file, anyway.
    2. I am well aware of that, I forgot to do it after I broke my SD and had to buy a new one. (I made a NAND backup immediately after discovering this issue.)
    3. If a DMCA notice has no basis, then there is no need to worry about it.
    4. I don't have a bricked state. Also, the reason I am requesting this is because my internet is too slow to download a CTRTransfer image.

Last edited by dwain12435, Oct 25, 2020
  8. dwain12435
    This message by dwain12435 has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Oct 26, 2020, Reason: Please don't bump, it will not make help come faster..
    Oct 26, 2020
  9. E1ite007
    This message by E1ite007 has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Oct 26, 2020, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Oct 26, 2020
  10. dwain12435
    This message by dwain12435 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Oct 26, 2020.
    Oct 26, 2020
  11. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^
    Developer

Spain
    I feel spied... :blink:
    (Opens GodMode9...)

https://i.imgur.com/OtSpsom.png
    I'm giving you this, but note that you may also get a warning by some moderator. :sleep:

Last edited by PabloMK7, Oct 26, 2020
  12. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    twlnand is console specific, the whole thing. I just checked, across every 3ds I own (12) the twlnand is different for each one. Having someone else's on your console won't do, you can learn about how the 3ds works by looking it up on 3dbrew. You will have to rebuild it from scratch, you will need to use the ctrTransfer with the universal firm. This will take a few hours to rebuild and is not for the "average user". I took a major hand in the 3ds community, so I feel like I might know what I'm saying but feel free to look my facts up and learn for yourself. Good luck, this isn't for the feint of heart.

13. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^
    Developer

Spain
    OP only needs to get the proper size field from the FAT header, they are not asking for the entire thing.

peteruk and E1ite007 like this.
  14. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    these descriptors can also be found on 3dbrew as well as the basic structure of how all these files are suppose to be formatted and laid out, the contents within. They shouldn't need any of that, I've rebuilt my twlnand before with less, 3dbrew is a god saver, OP 100% recommend.

fmkid likes this.
  15. dwain12435

United States
    Thank you so much! I'll download CTGP-7 to show my appreciation. BTW, does anyone know what I got the warning for? The mod message didn't say.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GodMode9, someone,