I need help/advice for a Windows wiimote emulation app

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DeadlyFoez, Oct 7, 2012.

1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Hey folks. This is my idea.

I have a capture card that I use to show my wii on my PC using media player classic. I have a bluetooth dongle in my PC.

What I'd like to do is see if an app can be made that I can have the bounds of the media player classic window be a frame for emulating a wiimote so I can use my mouse as a pointer for the wii with where my cursor is inside that window. I understand that to emulate a wiimote that it would require using my bluetooth dongle.

I use my wii a lot for repairs and for making videos and such, and instead of always pulling out a wiimote, which ends up being shaky and shitty, it would be great to just use my mouse instead.

If this is something that someone would be willing to take on as a task for themselves, then I'd be more than happy to pay for the persons time and effort. My programming skills are rather limited, but I am also willing to learn how to make this happen given a little (or probably a lot) of direction.

Thanx guys.

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Use a Classic Controller or GC Controller to smoothly control the pointer. Most homebrew that allow IR control will support those.

3. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Ughh. I don't want to have to move my hand off my mouse and I don't feel like purchasing a classic controller and a GC controller doesn't work in the SM.