I Messed Up With SD Card

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DaBearGoesRoar, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DaBearGoesRoar
    OP

DaBearGoesRoar Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United States
    So, this is going to be a long explanation.

So I tried turned on my 3ds today, and it won't turn on. I tried everything to fix it, but it wouldn't work. Since I thought it was dead I wiped the SD card completely of all its contents so I could reuse it. And when I was laying in bed, I tried to turn it on, and guess what? IT WORKS. I don't know how or why but it does.

Now I have CFW with Luma3ds and I want to get into the homebrew launcher, to get FBI, so I can get all my things back. But I don't know how. Any Ideas?

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    1. Do not add or write stuff to your SD card at this moment. This can damage or corrupt your hidden data.
    2. Scan your card with a recovery program. Check this post for several options.
      • Try to get a full edition of one those somehow. I recommend EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
    3. If you're lucky, copy all your lost 3DS setup back to your computer.
    4. If you have a spare SD card, reformat that as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Use guiformat for a card larger than 32 GB.
      • Try not to use your original card in case you forgot to retrieve something.
    5. While the card's empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw.
    6. If the card passes without error, delete the *.h2w test files and copy all your stuff back.
    7. Try booting your 3DS with that 2nd card. Check if all your titles are intact.
      • It is advised you go ahead and try backing up all your saves and extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.
    If you need essential custom firmware files, use the archive and instructions to help you get started found here.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Oct 10, 2018
  3. DaBearGoesRoar
    OP

DaBearGoesRoar Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United States
    Okay, I worked! Thanks!

TurdPooCharger likes this.