Hacking I messed up, deleted IOS 37.

Ummagumma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not entirely sure if this even belongs in this forum, if it doesn't I apologize in advance. But today while messing around with my Wii I accidentally/purposely deleted IOS37. Not cIOS 37 or all the related things. But IOS 37, the one between IOS 36 and 38 in the system IOS. So far, my Wii doesn't seem to be bricked. I haven't done a lot of stuff with it since then, I don't want to risk it really. Are there any consequences to deleting that IOS, should I just reboot the Wii? I have several NAND backups so I don't think I'm doomed, but I don't want to lose most of my stuff and having to reinstall all my homebrew.

Thanks in advance.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can safely delete any IOS that is not tied to your System Menu (for safety, NEVER EVER delete the system menu's IOS - IOSes that are multiples of ten are tied to different System Menu versions, but unless they are stubbed you should generally never remove them). The only consequence of not having IOS37 is that any games that use IOS37 will not load (they will produce a black screen). This doesn't even brick the Wii, you just have to hard-reset it.

The simple solution is to use Dop-Mii or any similar program to just reinstall IOS37, or obtain an IOS37 wad using NUS Downloader and install it using a wad manager.

Ummagumma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
You can safely delete any IOS that is not tied to your System Menu (for safety, NEVER EVER delete the system menu's IOS - IOSes that are multiples of ten are tied to different System Menu versions, but unless they are stubbed you should generally never remove them). The only consequence of not having IOS37 is that any games that use IOS37 will not load (they will produce a black screen). This doesn't even brick the Wii, you just have to hard-reset it.

The simple solution is to use Dop-Mii or any similar program to just reinstall IOS37, or obtain an IOS37 wad using NUS Downloader and install it using a wad manager.

Thank you good sir. You just made a person's day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.