Emulation I just wanna play Dragon Warrior...

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so my friend tells me about how great a game Dragon Warrior is. I look into it and it looks like a game series i could get into. I flash* it (Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 for GBC) onto my EZ IV and start playing (i think i used goomba 2.0 or something...cant quite remember but that's what it says in the settings menu). It's great. But as soon as i go to another game, the save file is lost. This happens every time i save unless i ONLY keep opening DW and nothing else.

Plus the colors are all wrong when i do play, i have to select from batman or metroid or some other equally ridiculous color scheme that looks nothing like the actual GBC port.

Could anyone point me towards a better emulator (true to actual game colors at least) and/or some tuts? I'm almost entirely sure i did it wrong.

Thanks

*When i flash it i set the dropdowns in EZ Client to Flash-Type and 128K bits.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goomba 2.0 is very old, and it won't play GBC games. You must be using some version of Goomba Color. Dwedit has been updating Goomba Color a lot lately, you should try one of the new builds. You can get it from his website: http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

GBA homebrew apps use 512kbit SRAM saves BTW.

If you have a DS, you could also try Lameboy. It works quite well, and most GBC games run at or near full speed in the most recent version. You can get it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2246

p.s. Don't ask for roms, or where or how to find roms. It's against The Rules.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And not to undermine destructobot but

If you read goomba's help file it say's to set the emulator's save type to Flash_Type 128K

Tested with DWM 1 And saved perfectly even after turning the card off (after i let the card write the save file obviously
smile.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up