Putting the pro in procrastination
OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
I had been waiting for a response to be posted ontheir website, and they said no later than Friday. Well, Friday came and went with no response. So this morning at 6AM, I woke up and got some ChapStick. I decided to check the page for the lulz and shook my mouse. I switched over to Firefox, which had been reloading the page every 10 seconds all night long, and my status had changed from Applicant to Finalist, which means "accepted". I promptly checked to make sure I wasn't dreaming and then screamed "I DID IT!!!", waking up my mom in the process. I am so damn happy right now.

To give a little insight on why this is such a big deal:
  • Only rising high school juniors can enter
  • Public boarding school, that means free room and food
  • Tuition waiver, that means FREE COLLEGE
  • Only 300 people in the entire state of North Carolina get in each year
  • Regarded as a highly elite school, teachers at my current school talk about students who went there like they are legends
  • My parents are giving me a new laptop for getting in, and it's a fully wireless campus
  • Offer a shitload of college-level classes and other classes not available in any other high school
To get in, I had to take the SAT as a sophomore (got a 2020), get three teacher recommendations (English, science, and math), a guidance counselor recommendation, take their math and writing tests, and answer all the questions on the application. I can't wait until next school year starts.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's awesome. I'm happy for you
smile.gif

I wish it was me
tongue.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well done ... now don't waste an opportunity of this kind, like I did
frown.gif

Graduated at 15, degree at 17 ... then gave the U.S. military 6 years of my life ... WTF was I thinking?!?!
frown.gif

Use it, and do something worthwhile.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Congratulations, American!
We get free 100% access to college in the UK xD Along with EMA (£30 a week) for travel and food. People can also go to University for free without scholarships and an extra £3000~ on top for travel and life funds providimg that you state reasons why or you could just get a Student Loan were you pay the fees for University once you get a decent job bit by bit without interest.
laugh.gif

I'm happy that I live in England.
wub.gif

Well... London anyway. Not sure about outside London
unsure.gif

chuckstudios

OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Seazn said:
We get free 100% access to college in the UK xD Along with EMA (£30 a week) for travel and food. People can also go to University for free without scholarships and an extra £3000~ on top for travel and life funds providimg that you state reasons why or you could just get a Student Loan were you pay the fees for University once you get a decent job bit by bit without interest.
laugh.gif

wub.gif

unsure.gif

England can go get hit by a train
cry.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chuckstudios said:
MC DUI said:
Congrats!! Sounds like you put in a huge amount of work and it has paid off!

Do you know what profession you are interested in once you have finished your degree?

Probably computer programming of some sort, I've always been strong with it.

Good stuff.
smile.gif

I know when I got into University I still didn't know what I wanted to do at the end so you've got one up on me!

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Seazn said:
laugh.gif

wub.gif

unsure.gif

Lucky you, I'm mostly likely gonna end up with a NZ$40, 000-60, 000 student loan. But at least its interest free which is good
happy.gif
. Well thats a year and half away so thank goodness I don't have to think about it till then
cool.gif
. Enough woe is me. Congratulations Chuckstudios. , Make the most of it and make our state proud, oh wait my country doesn't have states, well make your state proud.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Let me express my congratulations again!
Always knew you were a talented fellow. I can tell by the way you speak (on the forums or IRC).
You make mom and dad proud!
biggrin.gif

noamkot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Wonderful, the best investment you can make is in your education.
I only hope that it's not one of those mostly male schools with an occasional tomboy... (I know that from my own sad experience at a school much like that)

chuckstudios

OP
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
noamkot said:
Wonderful, the best investment you can make is in your education.
I only hope that it's not one of those mostly male schools with an occasional tomboy... (I know that from my own sad experience at a school much like that)

More than half of the students are female
biggrin.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Outstanding job, however, I must warn you that this is simply the beginning. My marks were the top in my high school and I got scholarships and acceptance into outstanding Universities, I ended up goofing off, partying and then my grades slipped and I had to pay for the tuition. Work hard for everything that you deserve and can achieve. Instead of saying "what can't I do?" ask yourself what you can do. Stay away from parties and etc. Best of luck.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-