I just fixed spring loader

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by GreatFox, May 30, 2009.

1. GreatFox
    OP

GreatFox Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2007
    Finland
    Finland
    Scenario: Acekard 2.1's spring loader broke, not enough money to buy new because I have to eat and pay bills.
    Solution: SCIENCE!

So, my Acekard kept poppin' my MicroSD outta her hole and I didn't have enough money to buy a brand new one. I just HAD to repair it or wait till next month.
    My Acekard isnt glued together (is this fake or something), it uses small clipse on its sides that I had to bend to open it. Inside was just one circuit board with random parts and card slot. My target was card slot, with my tweezers I lept forward, blinded by rage. In that metallic slot, I saw opening. I bent it and foundsome kind of iron wire that keeps MicroSD still. I just adjusted it a bit with my trusty, cheap tweezers and presto, it actually worked!

Then I just closed my Acekard and started to play Neves. End of story.

I'd like to provide pictures, but since I dont own digital camera naither did I find picture of opened Acekard online, it cannot be helped.

Also, am I first one to repair spring loader?

2. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    No, you're not the first. This has probably been done hundreds of times, and quite a lot of the Acekard 2.1s were held together by plastic clips, as you described.

I would be impressed if you did this to a new Acekard 2i though.

3. Findecanno

Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    United States
    I did something similar to an ak2i. I jabbed around with a paper clip until It worked.

4. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    With, or without opening it?

At first mine didn't work, but after jamming the micro SD in a few times it started working.