I just fixed spring loader

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by GreatFox, May 30, 2009.

May 30, 2009

I just fixed spring loader by GreatFox at 8:42 PM (1,011 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. GreatFox
    OP

Newcomer GreatFox Member

Finland
    Scenario: Acekard 2.1's spring loader broke, not enough money to buy new because I have to eat and pay bills.
    Solution: SCIENCE!

So, my Acekard kept poppin' my MicroSD outta her hole and I didn't have enough money to buy a brand new one. I just HAD to repair it or wait till next month.
    My Acekard isnt glued together (is this fake or something), it uses small clipse on its sides that I had to bend to open it. Inside was just one circuit board with random parts and card slot. My target was card slot, with my tweezers I lept forward, blinded by rage. In that metallic slot, I saw opening. I bent it and foundsome kind of iron wire that keeps MicroSD still. I just adjusted it a bit with my trusty, cheap tweezers and presto, it actually worked!

Then I just closed my Acekard and started to play Neves. End of story.

I'd like to provide pictures, but since I dont own digital camera naither did I find picture of opened Acekard online, it cannot be helped.

Also, am I first one to repair spring loader?

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    No, you're not the first. This has probably been done hundreds of times, and quite a lot of the Acekard 2.1s were held together by plastic clips, as you described.

I would be impressed if you did this to a new Acekard 2i though.

3. Findecanno

Member Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I did something similar to an ak2i. I jabbed around with a paper clip until It worked.

4. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    With, or without opening it?

At first mine didn't work, but after jamming the micro SD in a few times it started working.