Homebrew I installed a while ago a CFW on my 3DS and used FBI to install games. How to update my CFW?

CallMeMorningstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
I installed my CFW a while ago on my 3DS, installed some games with FBI Version 1.4.17, played for a week and kinda forgot about it. Busy times. Now I got back into gaming and I'd like to bring everything up to date. CFW wise I mean. I honestly don't even remember how to open the Homebrew (some key combination, right?). I also remember being able to switch between original FW and CFW somehow. My 3ds always boots into cfw. I am completely out of the loop. Were there other Important things to remember about the CFW? My 3DS wants to update. I currently am on 3ds 10.7.0-32e. Can I safly update or shouln't I? What are some must have applications other then FBI?

Could you maybe point me to a good tutorial, considering I already have a CFW? But I don't know what kind of CFW I have. I think I was on FW 10.3, when I installed my CFW and 10.7 was probably the newest FW back then, but I am not sure. If there are multiple custom firmwares by now. which one should I use?

CallMeMorningstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Attachments

• 20180918_021505.jpg
    20180918_021505.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 214

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CallMeMorningstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Look like you have an AureiNand and Cakes CFW instead of Luma3DS that everyone is using now a day.

Can't copy the hyperlink

You can try to see if this version of Luma3DS work for you, what you get currently when you hold on to select while powering on?

I don't have a single clue how to do that... honestly.
and this:

Attachments

• 20180918_023701[1].jpg
    20180918_023701[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106

CallMeMorningstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It looks like you are running A9LH, so you just need to follow this part of the guide
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Ok I think I am done. I followed the Guide and everything seems to work. Did anything change? Now i have two FBI's on my homescreen. The old one which used to be the Health warning and the new one I just installed. Do I still just install CIA's like I used to for new games? Are there some must have or nice to have application, emulators or something, that you would recommond I look at?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Model doesn't matter anymore now a day.

I think I am up to date now. Thanks again. I don't understand half of the new features, but I just wanna play. Or is there a useful function, that I should read more about? I'd also like to ask you if you have some applications you'd recommend. Whatever it is. Told youI am out of the loop lul.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think I am done. I followed the Guide and everything seems to work. Did anything change? Now i have two FBI's on my homescreen. The old one which used to be the Health warning and the new one I just installed. Do I still just install CIA's like I used to for new games? Are there some must have or nice to have application, emulators or something, that you would recommond I look at?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I am up to date now. Thanks again. I don't understand half of the new features, but I just wanna play. Or is there a useful function, that I should read more about? I'd also like to ask you if you have some applications you'd recommend. Whatever it is. Told youI am out of the loop lul.

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew

Here is a list of homebrew for the 3DS, for me I only pretty much use NTR CFW for cheat and streaming , JKSM and Checkpoint for save input and output. As for CIA, yes you still stick with CIA, anything that has to do with tickets like Ciaangel, tikshop, tikdevil, freeshop etc stay away from them, as 11.8 implemented the way they detect if a game was legally bought during installation, freeshop no longer work so you can ignore that.

Reactions: CallMeMorningstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...