Hacking I install Haxchi on my wiiu without a DS game,what should I do?

ElecKoLin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just install haxchi on my wiiu without a DS game,now I must connected to the Internet to open the homebrew launcher...
Anybody can help me? I spent several hours to search for the answer.:sad:

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know what you did, but I'd suggest using browser hax to install haxchi over a ds game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try this: https://wiiu.hacks.guide
Exactly this. Use wiiu.hacks.guide.
There is a method to use Mocha CFW instead of Haxchi if you insist of not buying a DS game. Other methods might show up in the future.

Read the guide carefully and:
Haxchi requires buying a DS game. No way around this!
:!: Whatever you do, under no circumstances try to use Haxchi on a DS game, you didn't buy. If you use the cold boot variant of Haxchi (CBHC) you will permanently brick your Wii U if the DS game isn't legitimately bought from eShop.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a DS game installed using Nusspli, so can I use the normal Haxchi?
Standard Haxchi will simply not work this way. :!: CBHC will fully brick the Wii U without legit DS game :!: (Yes, I have to use red colour here. I don't want more Wii U consoles bricked)

The main purpose of custom firmware on Wii U is: Signature Patches → This allows starting software that does not have a valid signature. Haxchi does this once loaded. But before loading Haxchi the Wii U will only start properly Nintendo signed software. See: With an illegitimate DS game you're running in circles. Haxchi would need to be already loaded to start the Haxchi title.

Why is this such a problem? This question comes up regularly. I admit the problem is not apparent for a beginner. One has to think a little and needs to have a general idea what software signing is. But: All the guides clearly state that "pirated" DS games will not work. This fact is not hard to understand even if one doesn't understand the reason behind it.
=========================

To make it short, three possibilities:
  • Buy a DS game for Haxchi
  • Use Mocha CFW
  • Wait for FailST / Aroma to be released
Not a possibility:
  • Illegitimate DS game

Reactions: Alexander1970

Marbilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Standard Haxchi will simply not work this way. :!: CBHC will fully brick the Wii U without legit DS game :!: (Yes, I have to use red colour here. I don't want more Wii U consoles bricked)

The main purpose of custom firmware on Wii U is: Signature Patches → This allows starting software that does not have a valid signature. Haxchi does this once loaded. But before loading Haxchi the Wii U will only start properly Nintendo signed software. See: With an illegitimate DS game you're running in circles. Haxchi would need to be already loaded to start the Haxchi title.

Why is this such a problem? This question comes up regularly. I admit the problem is not apparent for a beginner. One has to think a little and needs to have a general idea what software signing is. But: All the guides clearly state that "pirated" DS games will not work. This fact is not hard to understand even if one doesn't understand the reason behind it.

• Use Mocha CFW
Not a possibility:
  • Illegitimate DS game
So uhh FailST and Aroma are released so thes are the only way to have haxchi without a DS game?
Post automatically merged:

• Use Mocha CFW
Not a possibility:
  • Illegitimate DS game
Its 2023 and Does that mean FailST and Aroma can be the other way to have Haxchi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users