I having issues with certain CIA VC games

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by 03bgood, Oct 20, 2015.

1. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I've noticed that some games come up "An error has occurred" message on the bottom screen on some GB/GBC or NES games, while others just display graphical or sound glitches (Pokemon Yellow has Pikachu's cry being muted while G/S/C has the Pokemon appear briefly at the bottom of the screen whenever I encounter a wild Pokemon in battle while in Crystal, they briefly twitch) I might need to inject them with a better official VC game since whoever injected them didn't release they have glitches.

GB: Works fine except the "Error has occurred" screen appears on certain games (Pokemon Red/Blue are in black and white/green instead of the Red and Blue color schemes)

GBC: Works fine except the "Error has occurred" screen appears on certain games (Get minor graphical and/or sound glitches on Pokemon Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal)

GBA: Get the "Error has occurred" screen on any game. Need to patch the AGB file, I think

NES: Works fine except the "Error has occurred" screen appears on certain games

Sega Genesis (3D Classics): Stuck on "Nintendo 3DS" logo. (I think they only work on 9.3+)

Arcade (3D Classics): Not tested

Game Gear: Not tested

TurboGrafx-16: Not tested, only 4 VC games were released in Japan and I'm not sure if they work or not?

Last edited by 03bgood, Oct 20, 2015

2. Sizednochi

Sizednochi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    For GBA, you need to make sure you have the .cia installed in both SysNAND and emuNAND for it to work. Either that, or play on sysNAND only. Use latest rxTools of course.

For the rest, I'd strongly recommend just using RetroArch. It's way better and trouble-free. You also get to remap buttons.

3. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    The RetroArch emulators were garbage (except for QuickNES, although it crashes on some ROMs or upon loading the 3rd ROM), I'd rather use Injected VC games.

4. Sizednochi

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    They're all fullspeed for me, and work much better than VC. How is that garbage???

5. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    SNES (except for BlargSNES) and GBA run really bad on o3DS! Unless they have to be CIA files instead 3DSX.

6. Sizednochi

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    I don't see SNES on your list. And I recommended using VC injects for GBA, duh; gPSP actually runs some games at fullspeed anyway.

730 likes this.
  7. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Yet PSP ran them fine but not 3DS, FAIL?

8. Sizednochi

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    It'd be a FAIL on your part to only own an O3DS. N3DS blows PSP out of the water. Now stop being entitled if you want any help.

Tony_93, 730 and WeedZ like this.
  9. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Ahem a N3DS is like $200 so I can't afford it. It almost costed me $130 just for a regular 3DS. Should I just take back the Red 3DS and get a N3DS? Which is better, running CIA VC games or faster full speed emulators on a N3DS?

10. Sizednochi

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    Yeah, if you want better emulation, you should do that. N3DS runs pretty much everything perfect except PS1 right now (it's getting there).

730 likes this.
  11. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    But if I take back the o3DS (the Red one), I'm pretty sure mother won't get me a N3DS, since she'll be $70 short.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So a N3DS has better options for classic games (emulators, rather than CIA VC games) instead of using a O3DS with 9.2 or lower that allows CIA files of VC games, which are buggier than the emulators, right?

I can't get any CIA Sega Genesis games to run (because I need to be a 9.3+, I heard) and GBA games (because I need AGB installed)

12. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    You have three options: Install emulators as CIA files, learn to pirate correctly, or pick up emulator development.

13. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Which one offers better, accurate emulation? CIA VC files or emulators via CIA files? My regular 3DS only allows 3DSX files since it's at 10.1 but are CIA files better and offer better emulation since they run ARM9 and ARM11?

I've been convinced that it's better getting a New 3DS for is better for emulation since CIA VC files are somewhat buggy and some of them give me an error screen when launching them. I can only get NES and GB/GBC files and Sega Genesis and GBA are very problematic and don't work since I can't seem to get the AGB file from 3DNUS and the GEN ones get me stuck on the "3DS" logo screen when launching them.

I just deleted the Pokemon ones since on GameYob, they run fine w/o any glitches with the graphics or sound (Pikachu's cry actually works on Pokemon Yellow).

14. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    You don't have the ability to get a new 3DS apparently, so that's not an option. Options are the ones that can happen.

CIA VC files are going to offer the best compatibility. CIA emulators will offer more features. None of them are going to be perfect.

I don't think 3DNUS even works anymore.

15. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    So I'm stuck on 7.1 and can't update to emuNAND 10.1?

Do most New 3DS systems (non-XL models) still even have 9.2? Also will Themehax still work on N3DS?

16. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    That's entirely dependant on the game in question. Some run better injected while others run better in homebrewed emulators.
    VC games, if I remember right, use some kind of bilinear blur filter (that I don't think can be turned off) to stretch it to the screens full size, so gameboy games tend to be blurrier on the VC and sharper on emulators (if you disable bilinear filtering in retroarch or use GameYob's settings).

17. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    The sound on VC GB/GBC games sound lower in quality while on GameYob, they're top notch! Also none of the sound/graphical glitches are even present in any of the Pokemon games.

18. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    Are you running emuNand? Why can't you update via rxtools emunand system settings?

19. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I have RxTools but what do I run to update emuNAND?

20. The Minish LAN

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    Don't.
    If you want an o3DS, use rxTools and all that, much larger support.
    If you want an n3DS, it seriously sucks ass
    If you want .cias, use Pasta on an n3DS.
    but plz never ever emuNAND