Emulation I have a question that I'd like answered regarding GBA and emulation

LordMark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would anyone want to emulate Gameboy/Color games on the GBA/SP(using Goomba Color for example)?

I just found out about this emulator through another source and it totally caught me off guard because as soon as I got my SP I stopped using the GBC since the SP was superior in just about every way.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The GB/GBC support of the GBA and GBA SP is all hardware (the little switch inside the slot activates it) and no GBA flash cart supported it (mainly as it would have needed to handle the 5V of the GB/GBC vs the 3.3V of the GBA). There was a so called GB bridge for a small handful of GBA era flash carts ( http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=File:Fa-bridge.jpg ) but most then went in for emulation.

Reactions: Rocc0

LordMark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically it was for ROMs and hacks only. I thought there might have been another reason but it doesn't matter. I guess this thread can be closed now.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So basically it was for ROMs and hacks only. I thought there might have been another reason but it doesn't matter. I guess this thread can be closed now.

it is basically for people who own a gba hardware and gba flashcart without goomba you need to get a gb\c flashcart to be able to play gb\c games, and people who have a ds or a gameboy micro can't even use a gb\c flascart because it only supports gba cards

and i had seen a lot of people wanting\asking to play gb\c games with a gba flashcart....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: