I have a PS3 Need help pls!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Centrix, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    I have a PS3 that's model# CECH-2001A running stupid firmware 4.46 I believe, can some one point me in the right direction on how to downgrade back down to 3.55? I don't know which flasher to go with or if there is a much simpler method to getting custom firm on my PS3!? I've read through a ton of guides, so I'm just stuck and need some help!

Sorry if this has been posted a bajillion times :(

2. DaveBlack

DaveBlack Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2012
    Gambia, The
    for only playing game copys a cobra ode chip like cobra would be ok... u will have to built it into your ps3 and ready to go....

if u want to downgrade and want a CFW u need a e3 flasher, built it in to your ps3 and hook up the ps3 to the pc and read flash etc....
    in my opinion e3 flasher with dual nand is the best way... running two systems on one ps3... one with cfw and one with ofw!

Sarvesh50 likes this.
  3. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    I don't think the OP understands this... I sure as hell don't.

4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    What don't you understand?

He's suggesting an ODE (optical disc emulator) could be used even though the firmware is too high for CFW.

Otherwise an E3 flasher has to be used to get the firmware back down to something that can install CFW. He suggests a dual nand so one can run CFW and OFW on the same system.

In either case you have to open up the PS3 to install something. There's no soft mod that can help.

5. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    I don't like it when people use bad grammar: what you say makes sense. I'm not a grammar Nazi; I just think people should phrase their thoughts appropriately.

6. Sarvesh50

Sarvesh50 Aye!

Jul 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    I don't have any experience with the e3 flasher myself but i would recommend it.
    Its great to have the possibility to change between ofw and cfw.

7. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    ok I understand what your saying are there any tutorials that show how to install this ODE or use the E3 Flasher to downgrade from 4.46 back down to 3.55?

8. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    ok I understand what your saying are there any tutorials that show how to install this ODE or use the E3 Flasher to downgrade from 4.46 back down to 3.55?

9. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Go to PS3Hax and look for downgrade service there. You basically send PS3 to forum member and pay for service and both way shipping, and in return that forum member will downgrade that PS3 for you. For one PS3, it is cheaper to let someone else do it for you than yourself.

I'd only get E3 flasher if you are downgrading two or more PS3 at a time.

10. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2004
    much better to for the flasher option instead of the ODE option, the flasher does require PRO soldering skills to complete the install. it's much cheaper to find someone in your area (or close by) to do the service for you. with CFW you have the option to turn your console from a CEX (retail) to a DEX (dev console) and other great options that you cannot get with ODE emulator drives..........................sudeki300

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Do some research on e3 flasher.