Hacking I have a problem runing SMG on d2ckey

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is a bit complicated so I'll start from the begining..
I have a NTSC Wii, and about two months ago, I went to a local modding store to install this chip on my wii, and ever since I got my wii back I couldnt get into the settings and many ntsc games that I tried to load (Originals and backups) didnt work.
So I did a little research and discovered that my wii got bricked somehow and it might be because they tried to update my wii with a pal game but i'm not sure of it.
anyway now I can run mostly Pal games on my wii and I tried to update my system back to ntsc but it never worked and when the ntsc version of SMG released I tried it on my wii, the update did run but my wii didnt change back to ntsc and I got the Unauthorized device error when I tried to run it. So now I cant run neither the Ntsc version nor the pal version...

what can I do now? maybe the brick is preventing me to run SMG? or maybe because Its because I ran the Ntsc update of the game?
what I do know is that I nobody could help me so far so I'll be very thankful if somebody will help me out here.
thanks.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bricking means your Wii shouldn't even work and it looks like yours is semi-bricked or whatever...Sounds like that shop swapped your Wii for a PAL one and/or you don't have a Wii with a D2Ckey anymore? You shouldn't be able to just switch your console region from an update. If you do have a NTSC Wii, it should have the firmware number with a U or J in the settings menu...

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first thing I would do is demand your money back, and compensation for semi bricking your wii. That sounds like one lazy installation. The game should run out of the box on a d2ckey wii.

If your backups and your originals are not working it's possible they've poorly installed the chip and/or done serious damage to your wii. Can you update your wii via the internet so your firmware is up to date. I guess if you can't get into the settings you can't find out what firmware version you're running.

Just re-reading what you said, I'm not clear on something, you said the originals and the backups didn't work. But then you mention that you could run PAL games fine, so which is it? What did you do from it not working to the point where they were working? Are y9ou sure it's a D2CKey installed? Have you opened it to check if this is the case? It's possible you've been conned into paying for a different chip, on an older Wii. Are you sure that the Wii you have is your Wii - althugh again you need to get into the settings to be able to find out if your saves and the like are still on the same machine

All in all it sounds like you've be given some shoddy service. Hopefully someone else can help you resolve the issue

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Check to see if it IS the Wii you bought, because it sounds like the shop either switched your Wii with a PAL one or accidentally gave another customer's PAL Wii to you. If you still have the original box check to see that the Wii's serial number matches it (unless you gave the original box to the modder as well). I'm not sure of any other way to check a Wii's reigon except for the settings menu, but since your Wii is semibricked you can't do that.

Nonetheless, you gave the shop an unmodded NTSC Wii and ended up with a modded semibricked PAL Wii.

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok maybe I wasnt so clear afterall.. the first thing that I checked without knowing if its working or not is that the seiral does match. I dont think he could install some other chip because I have a D2C board and I dont think he could swap to some other chip...
at first I tried to run NTSC games which I first downloaded and most of them didnt run I guess because compibility problems but then I tried Pal games and all of them worked.
anyway I can in any moment return my wii to shop and he will take off the chip and return my money back but i will still have semi-bricked wii that cant run backups and I will lose from all of that...

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you ever ran a pal game yourself that wasn't brickblocked? or do you think the chip installer tested the wii with a unblocked pal disc by accident? that seems to be pretty unlikely.

hopefully once newer firmware makes its way to gamedisc, you'll have the possibility of unbricking again.

I suppose if you wanted, you could buy another wii and swap your drive into it. The ethics of it is on you
smile.gif

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only games that I tried were ntsc and when I saw they didnt worked I tried to get into the settings menu and bumped with this error, but I do manage to get along with the brick, SMG was the only game that didnt work for and I wondered if the brick is the reason for this?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your Wii was NTSC in the first place? Your serial should start with "LU". The brick shouldn't cause any problems with playing games, especially not just only making one region work. If you did have a D2C chip and a D2Ckey SMG shouldn't even get that error. So the guy most likely swapped your Wii. You can still play SMG if your chip has a firmware update to play it though.

And let me get this right, the store is the one that semi-bricked it? Should they even be playing your Wii if they don't know how things work? Did you even talk to them about all these problems when you first got it back? It seems like you were pretty much ripped off...

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm sure my wii is ntsc. the serial starts with LU and I even got the ntsc version of WII sports which doesnt work right now (and worked before)..
No one else could have bricked the wii The serial on the wii was the same one that I gave him the only thing that did seemed weird is that I updated already my wii before giving it to the store and after I got it back I noticed that some of the things were changed.
I went back to the shop after I saw my wii was bricked and demend him to fix it, when he saw he couldnt fix it he suggested to remove the chip in return for my money (which propably whouldnt fix the problem)
I dont know what exectly the installer did he said he tried some games to see if its working my guess is that one of the games that he tried screw my wii...
anyway lets back to SMG.. as we all know the new protection can discover all sorts of things on your wii maybe the protection discover that I try to load up a game with a different Firmware than the bios (and d2ckey doesnt load SMG on different regions) ,could it be the problem?
Can you think of another reason why i couldnt load the game?
thanks.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you have the same case but the internals are from a different Wii. Perhaps your modder botched the install so he swapped the guts with a PAL unit. Look inside and see if it's a D2C or not. Take it back and demand it gets restored to a fully working NTSC unit like you brought in. Where are you located?

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about taking a look inside but I dont have the tools to open the case and I'm not confident about opening it up.. I can hardly think he manged to open the case Install a chip and replace internal parts within 2 hours, and dont forgets its 30 wires install...
anyway I checked about the shop before giving them to install the chip and they were quite reliabe, they are working for quite some years with moddings and I heard good feedbacks about them..

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF?!?!!
you whouldnt belive what just happened! I dont know what I was thinking but I tried to load up the Wiikey update 1.9g, the flash of couse didnt work and I thought to myself what are the odds that the wii is unbricked now? ahhh what the heck it whouldnt hurt to check it up. and then the strangest thing happened! I could enter the wii settings, but how? I know it sounds ridiculous but its true! still I cant get SMG running.. =\ at least I got one thing out of that..

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated the wii its 3.1e now, europe I guess? very wierd.. How could it be possible? I had NTSC version and now its PAL? and the PAL firmware is working on NTSC bios?? and all because of the stupid wiikey update? I cant understand any of this..

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it sounds like they switched YOUR USA/NTSC console with a Semi-bricked PAL console. the Ninty firmware/updates would not change the region of your Wii to read as Euro if you're NTSC.

Open the Wii up if you can, and you may find you have a different chip installed. Take a picture of it and post it here. But you may also want to get in touch with your installers and ask for your original NTSC Wii back. I don't know if the law is on your side though, since modding is illegal here (don't know if it's the case where you are)., but if you can get your money back, and your console back.

Looks like you got screwed a bit. I can't think what other answer there is for you having a PAL console.

tonybied

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't know why it has unbricked your wii, but the more important thing is why have the company who claimed to have modded your wii but just swapped the insides for a pal wii, and i'll also bet they have swapped it for a opensource mod too, meaning you have been totally and utterly ripped off.

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u dumb sh!t ... 8 PEOPLE HAVE TOLD YOU THAT THE INSTALLER PROBABLY SWAPPED YOUR NTSC SYSTEM WITH A PAL SYSTEM. It's very easy to do so.

Go to the shop and complain.. call the cops and threaten the store with a fraud suit.

I doubt you have a D2CKEY chip, they probably had an extra old wii from EU and switched them.

you got ripped off on the price of the mod and install.

I bet there are not 30 wires, and if i were you id throw a brick thru their window and then call the cops on em.

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relax man I already planned of jumping off at the shop some day when I'll have the time even before I opened the thread, I just wasnt sure up until now that I was con.
I'll go there as soon as possible to work this thing out..
Thank you all for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination