I have a doubt with eShop

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Anikemi, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Anikemi
    OP

Anikemi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    Spain
    So, i wanna make a question
    It's safe to enter the eShop when you already have installed freeShop titles? If you try this you can receive a ban?
    Thanks.

2. Multimegamander
    This message by Multimegamander has been removed from public view by Minox, Sep 14, 2018, Reason: Try again but nicely.
    Sep 14, 2018
  3. Anikemi
    This message by Anikemi has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Sep 15, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 14, 2018
  4. Multimegamander
    This message by Multimegamander has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Sep 15, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 15, 2018
  5. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It's perfectly safe to access eshop with stuff from FreeShop and CIAs, but most DLCs get deleted automatically if you access the eshop without having them legitimately...

6. Multimegamander

Multimegamander Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I've never had my DLCs get deleted :thonk:

7. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    I said MOST, not all. DLCs like Fantasy Life's Origin Island aren't deleted while themes/SwapDoodle/etc. are.

KyoLikesTrees and legoinventeor like this.
  8. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    Let's not start bickering

9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    This reason why your DLCs aren't deleted is because you don't have a NNID linked to the 3DS.

@Anikemi, if you ever have future problems updating a game, you'll need to delete your updates with Title IDs of 0004000E######## because their tickets are spoofed. After deleting the spoofed tickets, you can either legitimately downloaded them (for free) at Nintendo eShop or the game's HOME Menu title screen.
    Or you can stick to downloading updates at that iso site.

E1ite007 likes this.
  10. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    This is not true lol. I have a NNID linked to my 3DS and my DLC (from freeshop) never gets deleted upon visiting the eshop.

11. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Okay, I missed an important detail in this. If you have a Nintendo account used to purchase things in the Nintendo eShop which is tied?? to your NNID and that NNID is linked to your 3DS, your DLCs with fake tickets will get deleted upon visiting eShop.

Tac 21 likes this.
  12. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Still doesn't make sense. I've purchased SSFIV, Fieldrunners (for hacking ofc) and the pokemon vc titles. Literally just went into e-shop to try this and my dlc are still there. FE, Smash, Phoneix.

13. E1ite007

E1ite007 Living thanks to piracy

Nov 19, 2016
    Mexico
    My house... almost everytime.
    I actually don't have a NNID in my n2DSxl and I have never faced a trouble with the DLCs neither they uninstall.
    And in my o2DS I have a NNID linked (because I needed one to redeem the Mario Kart 7 code it came with) and I haven't encounter any problem with that too.

14. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    This is what I gathered so far for pirated DLCs persisting in eShop. *shoulder shrug*

Quantumcat likes this.
  15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    My theme pack CIA never got removed even when I entered eShop, not sure if I ever entered the theme shop.
    But my Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice DLC did every time I entered eShop, and I did indeed enter the DLC shops in those games at one point to see what was available.
    Other people as well have said that after entering the DLC shop in a game this behavior starts.
    So my own experience matches up with that, but I don't know for sure.

However, if you've never entered the DLC shop within said games, then you wouldn't experience the problem.

Posghetti likes this.
  16. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    So I have a custom theme ony system will it be deleted if I go into the eshop?

17. Bondgirl85

Bondgirl85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2018
    United States
    It's good to still hear you won't lose your freeshop titles when you enter the eshop. I can't enter it anyway without updating my system. I can't even use online service in Pokemon Shuffle or Pokemon Rumble World without the update.

No, custom themes will not be deleted if you go in the eshop, only themes from the theme shop will be and other DLC. Your DLC is only deleted if you have NNID on your game system.

18. legoinventeor

legoinventeor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    I was always wondering why My swapdoodle DLC dissapears every time!

19. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Well how do I know if I have nnid on my system then. Have never played online before, but have bought games from eshop

20. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You can always just update through system settings and it won't count as accessing the eshop...

If you have used the eshop at least once, then you have an NNID (unless you then unlinked it). NNID is created when you first try to use eshop or other NNID related functions (eg: MiiVerse in the past).

21. Bondgirl85

Bondgirl85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2018
    United States
    You can still access the eshop without a NNID but you just can't buy or download any free apps or demos unless you have a NNID.