Hacking I have a 3DS 2.1.0-4u what flash kart is perfect for me?

Doucheinabag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but it doesnt include updated 3DS' you see different versions of R4i Gold usually do not support 2.1 so i'm wondering which is the best option.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's exactly what I'm saying. The carts I mentioned are the best options with great support.
I've never used the r4i gold but look inside this link to see if it clears you a little http://www.r4wood.com/products/Wood-R4i-Go...3DS-DSi-DS.html

"All R4i Gold 3DS (with Green 3DS mark) can work on DSi 1.43 and 3DS V2.1.0-4 directly, no need additional firmware update."

Doucheinabag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks for that, I really appreciate it! Anyways how about the Acekard 2i? I hear people prefer this because it has a team?

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doucheinabag said:
Okay thanks for that, I really appreciate it! Anyways how about the Acekard 2i? I hear people prefer this because it has a team?
I had this one. People like it because it's inexpensive and have great support. That's a great combination.
On a negative side I also heard that Acekard had a problem with it's contacts that gave people a lot of problems though. I never had that problem but one never knows.

toge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burton said:
Doucheinabag said:
I had this one. People like it because it's inexpensive and have great support. That's a great combination.
On a negative side I also heard that Acekard had a problem with it's contacts that gave people a lot of problems though. I never had that problem but one never knows.
Will the acekard 2i work out of the box with a 3ds upgraded to 2.1.0-4e?

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
toge said:
Burton said:
Doucheinabag said:
Will the acekard 2i work out of the box with a 3ds upgraded to 2.1.0-4e?
Most of the resellers sell their Flashcarts already pre-updated. Before buying the cart read the full specifications and/or contact the reseller to be sure if it is already updated to support the latest 3ds firmware update.

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like it should be ok then
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
cheapr4i said:
Acekard 2i is better
gbasp.gif

akaio vs wood? its hard to pick a winner. the r4i gold 3ds is a wonderful card, supports bootloader upgrades, the team is quick to fix problems, and the card has a solid build. ak2i hw81 has a 1:1 clone and most shops are stocking it because its identical to the original, ak2i has always had contact issues, team acekard has not updated the hw44 card, they are also hard to get a hold of these days.

hardware wise the r4i gold is an upgraded clone of the r4 ultra which is an official acekard clone of the actel 2i.

so again it really comes down to akaio vs. wood not ak2i vs r4i gold 3ds, would you not agree?

-another world

Aielanor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R4i Gold is actually a good card, which has the great r4 wood firmwares made by YWG, and Acekard firmwares originally for Acekard RPG.
R4i Gold is a little bit cheaper than Acekard 2i..both are very good...XXD

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to know that ak2i is not a pre-flashed card, means it can not work on your 2.1.0-4 out of box, so if you have another DS or DSi to update the ak2i, then feel free to buy the Acekard 2i and use your DS to update it. Or else, just choose the R4i gold 3ds which can work on your console directly.

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm new to these forums and I unfortunately decided to buy a 3ds. I regret that now, and really wish that I had kept my DS lite. I'm stuck with it now though.

I'm looking at the Acekard 2i, but I have a question.

Does anyone know of a retailer that sells the Acekard 2i with an update for the 3DS version 2.1.0-4?

I would get an R4i just to be safe, but I've read that it requires that you patch roms that don't work, whereas the Acekard 2i doesn't require this.

Tips?

Thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the r4i gold from r4idsn the .cn team will work just fine. it supports the wood firmware and you will not have to do any odd patching of your roms.

we can not tell you if your acekard will come updated. some are shipped from the factory already updated, others are not. some resellers will update before shipping out, others will not.

pick a trusted reseller and e-mail them. in your email ask if the ak is a hwid 81, if it has a unique anti-counterfeit code, and if they update the bootloader before shipping.

-another world

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to get the R4i gold just to make sure that I get something that will work with my updated 3DS.

Thanks for the help, it's very appreciated.

Edit, on their website they say that their Acekard 2i also works with my 3DS version.

Now I have very little to shift the decision one way
unsure.gif

Eh, I'll order the R4i gold.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
just make sure what you buy is the r4i gold from the .cn team, the one rydian reviewed. any other r4i gold is just another clone with poor kernel support. also, make sure the r4i gold is their most up-to-date version. they did three hardware revisions and not all of them can be updated.

-another world

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by them doing 3 hardware revisions and not all of them are able to be updated?

Can the one that you linked be updated so that it will work with a new firmware version of the 3DS, assuming that a team creates an update for the card?

Do you have any suggestions on places to purchase from (that offer free shipping)? I don't care if it's from China.

I was going to get this one: http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flash...-3ds-p-216.html , but it doesn't look the same as the one pictured in the review that you linked. Is it just a newer,different skinned version?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2