I hate my school.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the basic outline: My school basically says (Yes, says. They fucking told me I was making it.) that I'm going to make them a website with links to educational games and shit. I was also working with a rather fucking annoying acquaintance. My school's internet's been fucking slow lately. Fucking slow to the point of taking up to 5-6 minutes to load a god damn wikipedia article. Without pictures. So I'm using a shitty sitebuilder site, we manage to not fuck shit up on the uber slow connection, get a decent looking, functional site up by today. A few choices were made without my say and everything was tolerable up till recently, although the fucking principal who told us we were making it was as useful as my fucking grandma in making it. As of now it's got a forum for game submission and discussion, a member system with a bunch of neat shit for users, and about 20 links to really productive and useful sites. I was pretty fucking proud of it, and it'd come a long way from it's original version with the shitty templates provided. Although it was made with a sitebuilder it looked professional and clean, and there were no real issues other than ads and our schools god awful connection. Around 2000 games total could be found by clicking around. It'd take about a week to play through all of them, and it was more than enough to satisfy the fucktards that'd be playing them. Anyway, I wasn't getting paid and didn't even get extra privileges or whatever, and I assumed there'd be no request for unreasonable changes. I was wrong. Basically, every single fucking blog post and game site should be proofread and made sure that abso-fucking-lutely nothing even slightly offensive in someone's eyes was in anything and it should all be emailed to the fucking retarded principal to be checked for offensiveness. He's not even a fucking member yet, hasn't done shit, and he's not even paying me. We don't even have access to the school's webserver to make everything compatible and ready to be slapped on and taken credit for, which I spent the fucking first 3 days doing. He gave me no information, no sources, no scripts, no databases, nothing at all to go off of. I even had to do a bit of hacking to get the tools needed. We have fucking notepad blocked off. On top of it all, he asked us a week after our computer usage ban was up. Bullshit.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea:

Say "no".

I seriously doubt that you'd get punished for declining such a request, and if you did it'd be a pretty easy case to win for your side.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That sucks. I wouldn't do it, not if I'm not getting paid or getting any advantages at the school at least. Can you link me to the site? I'm curious.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
That sucks. I wouldn't do it, not if I'm not getting paid or getting any advantages at the school at least. Can you link me to the site? I'm curious.
Can't. It's a privacy thing, I live in a small town and my identity would immediately be out there. And to the people who said say no, I couldn't. I'd just gotten off of a ban from computers and didn't want to get on the principal's bad side. The school's too small and everyone seems to think web dev's really fucking easy and I'm wasting my time. My parent's also insisted on it. I didn't really have a choice.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
BloodyFlame said:
From what I read, what they said sounded more like a command than anything else. Read the first sentence up to the end of the second sentence.

Is a command without consequences really a command, or is it more of a very rude request?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, the way I got into it was at the beginning of Monday. They changed my study hall to being in the computer lab before hand, the choice was made for me. I hadn't even gotten to first hour yet, and they'd discussed it with my partner before I even know what the fuck was going on. I took the opportunity because at the time my partner'd made it seem like a good idea. He's a dick and was going to shove ads onto it tomorrow and profit off it, too. I'm not involved with it now, and plan on being a total dick to the principal when he asks about it. He should be glad I didn't tell him to fuck off in the first place. As a bonus my partner was suspended yesterday, because he told a teacher to "fucking lay off." You can understand why I hate him.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You can always, you know, stand up for yourself. "I don't wanna get on my principals bad side", who cares if you're on his bad side, if you don't do anything BAD, he can't do anything to you.

Oh, and you hate this kid for saying what you pretty much want to? Bit hypocritical, considering you're on here bitching about your principal, parents, and the student.

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
You can always, you know, stand up for yourself. "I don't wanna get on my principals bad side", who cares if you're on his bad side, if you don't do anything BAD, he can't do anything to you.

No. He can't.

You see, children these days are raised with too much perceived authority on the part of their parents, teachers, etc. It is actually baffling that it happened like this, but it plays such a large role that it both causes severe anxiety amongst the children (among other things such as a lack of social interaction [possibly caused by the anxiety - endless loops are awesome]), and the desire to rebel against it, showing no respect (which, again, creates another endless loop -> rebel, punish, anxiety, rebel).

That and he's just a pussy who won't say no, just because "just doing it" is his default.

EDIT: Also, they then go to the internet, where there is anonymity, and therein no fear of punishment, breaking the cycle, to bitch and moan. Usually, they go to livejournal, but it seems one has gone astray.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Lol how wrong you are. 2 of the 5 principals when I wen't to highschool were very corrupt.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
geminisama said:
Lol how wrong you are. 2 of the 5 principals when I wen't to highschool were very corrupt.

Lol how cowardly you are. This is the reason people walk all over people, cause people can't stand up for themselves, and confront people. They live in fear of what might happen, instead of taking action against it. If you're too afraid to confront a principle, have fun being a stool when you get older.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chao1212 said:
My school's internet's been fucking slow lately. Fucking slow to the point of taking up to 5-6 minutes to load a god damn wikipedia article.
+ assorted other fun stuff pertaining to the locked down nature of the computers.

QUOTE(chao1212 @ Nov 6 2010, 01:59 AM) I'd just gotten off of a ban from computers and didn't want to get on the principal's bad side.

Ignoring the use of wikipedia as something worth even considering let alone the bandwidth that sounds like a win win to me.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:

Oh, and you hate this kid for saying what you pretty much want to? Bit hypocritical, considering you're on here bitching about your principal, parents, and the student.
It's not even the perceived sense of authority. My town is *very* small. Small to the point of our school having like 2000 kids and being the only school here. He could make my life a living hell. The kid volunteered me then made a bunch of changes, and is now trying to stop me from getting away from it so he can profit. They already keep tabs on my computer usage at school because I do a lot of shit I "shouldn't," and they just installed cameras. I did it because I thought I could get away with more things, and I'd have the opportunity to finish a bit of questionable research on the schools monitoring programs. I'm not much of an authority person, like the other day I almost got in trouble for shouting "*Gym teacher's name* is FUCKING USELESS" in the locker room, but he didn't get me in trouble because he felt like a giant piece of shit. It's not my sense of authority I'm worried about, but theirs.

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
It's not even the perceived sense of authority.

*sniff*

So you read my post, but didn't bother quoting it or responding to it directly.

*sniff*

SOMEONE ACKNOWLEDGE MY EXISTENCE PLEASE!

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
chao1212 said:

*sniff*

*sniff*

Monkat was here.

To the OP, why not just, do all those things you're trying to pull off at home, without doing work arounds, risking getting in trouble, and letting the staff and students walk over you? Seems to me that would be alot easier.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
monkat said:
chao1212 said:

*sniff*

*sniff*

Monkat was here.

To the OP, why not just, do all those things you're trying to pull off at home, without doing work arounds, risking getting in trouble, and letting the staff and students walk over you? Seems to me that would be alot easier.
Believe me, I fucking tried. Every time I tried to mention it, my partner tried to show the principal the site, which'd crash due to them using IE and us using Opera from a flash drive and the awful internet, then he'd tell us to get to class and I'd get completely denied the opportunity to tell him I didn't want to do it. The first day I was already late and didn't want to take the time to explain why I didn't want to do it and needed to get to class. I got used to the idea but was outraged at the request to examine all the games and then send them to him to get around to in a month. I'm probably going to make my own site and tell him to fuck off if he wants changes. I literally had no say in whether or not I'd be making it, and didn't do shit the first few days. It was also an image thing, because up until today I had no reason not to than I wasn't getting anything out of it, and I didn't want to look like that. My town is full of fucktarded rednecks who were all "You made that?!" at the mention of the site, so it felt good to the point of being able to resist the will to smash my partner and the principal's face in with a hammer. Also, Monkat, sorry I forgot about you (twice) and didn't quote you directly.
EDIT: Also, I wasn't even told about the changes. My partner was told by the principal, then I was told by my partner after we launched the site and had everything up and running through facebook IM.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
purplesludge said:
geminisama said:

Lol how cowardly you are. This is the reason people walk all over people, cause people can't stand up for themselves, and confront people. They live in fear of what might happen, instead of taking action against it. If you're too afraid to confront a principle, have fun being a stool when you get older.
Lol how stupid you are. I never had a problem with the principals or with people walking over me but I could see how they abused their authority. When they took over there were 10 teachers that quit because they had problems with them.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
geminisama said:

It's not even the perceived sense of authority. My town is *very* small. Small to the point of our school having like 2000 kids and being the only school here. He could make my life a living hell. The kid volunteered me then made a bunch of changes, and is now trying to stop me from getting away from it so he can profit. They already keep tabs on my computer usage at school because I do a lot of shit I "shouldn't," and they just installed cameras. I did it because I thought I could get away with more things, and I'd have the opportunity to finish a bit of questionable research on the schools monitoring programs. I'm not much of an authority person, like the other day I almost got in trouble for shouting "*Gym teacher's name* is FUCKING USELESS" in the locker room, but he didn't get me in trouble because he felt like a giant piece of shit. It's not my sense of authority I'm worried about, but theirs.

I've been to smaller schools. One of my high schools had I think around 700 kids. I've also had asshole teachers before, my great grandma died and I went to school. I was upset (this was at a different school), and my teacher told me to "stop my fucking crying and suck it up". Anyway that sucks to hear that your school sucks, and school internet in general is as slow as balls. I went on this one computer and it took 30 minutes to attempt to load Safari (they had Macs). Eventually I gave up and asked if I could do the project at home. It was done in 10 minutes at home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy...