Hacking I guess my switch is bricked

ShurLaxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
2 years ago i was updating my nintendo switch using choidujour, i don't remember what update was, i rebooted the switch and atmosphere showed an error, after that the switch didn't go to rcm mode.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
There's nothing you could have done that would stop it from entering RCM. Try again with a different cable, jig, and/or computer.
It's possible they damaged the hardware. It didn't necessarily happen through software but software could have caused it. My Erista randomly stopped working one day and that had been fitted with an internal payload injector for over a year so jigs and cables are out of the equation. You're right though, op should try different cables before throwing it out (I'm assuming they use auto-rcm otherwise it would boot normally).

Reactions: ShurLaxe

ShurLaxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There's nothing you could have done that would stop it from entering RCM. Try again with a different cable, jig, and/or computer.
But, if i don't have autoRCM on and I try to turn on the switch, it would launch the original firmware no? If no i could try to use the clip, maybe i disabled the autoRCM

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, if i don't have autoRCM on and I try to turn on the switch, it would launch the original firmware no? If no i could try to use the clip, maybe i disabled the autoRCM
If you don't have AutoRCM installed, then you are correct that your Switch should boot OFW normally (assuming it is not bricked). If you mean that the Switch won't autoboot RCM, that's totally possible.

If, instead, you're saying you cannot boot RCM in any way, which is what you seemed to be saying, that's highly unlikely.

You should try to be more specific.

ShurLaxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you don't have AutoRCM installed, then you are correct that your Switch should boot OFW normally (assuming it is not bricked). If you mean that the Switch won't autoboot RCM, that's totally possible.

If, instead, you're saying you cannot boot RCM in any way, which is what you seemed to be saying, that's highly unlikely.

You should try to be more specific.
Well, at the moment I have in my hands two nintento switches, one usb type c and a computer, The working switch has autorcm so i just connect it to the pc and launch the payload using tegrarcmgui, the "bricked" switch doesn't enter in autoRCM so it probably has it disabled, when i get a clip I'll see if it reaches RCM mode at least

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at the moment I have in my hands two nintento switches, one usb type c and a computer, The working switch has autorcm so i just connect it to the pc and launch the payload using tegrarcmgui, the "bricked" switch doesn't enter in autoRCM so it probably has it disabled, when i get a clip I'll see if it reaches RCM mode at least
Does the "bricked" Switch boot OFW?

D

Deleted User

Although ChoiDuJour gets things done, it's still an unofficial tool and there have been brick reports.
A rule of thumb: *Never* touch internal memory without a proper backup, always!
Without a backup it's most likely dead, sorry.

ShurLaxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If he just gets a black screen on boot and it isn't in AutoRCM that suggests a hard brick.
Oof, so you decided to hear the long story.
That switch isn't mine, it's from my friend, two years ago we were updating our consoles because he didn't know how to do it, something went bad in his process and we didn't know what to do, he bought a new switch and he stills using that switch to play online, a week ago he told me if i could do anything to "repare" that switch because he wanted to use again the switch with CFW, that switch isn't banned, not like my switch so we decided to change our consoles because I want to play online. Fin

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof, so you decided to hear the long story.
That switch isn't mine, it's from my friend, two years ago we were updating our consoles because he didn't know how to do it, something went bad in his process and we didn't know what to do, he bought a new switch and he stills using that switch to play online, a week ago he told me if i could do anything to "repare" that switch because he wanted to use again the switch with CFW, that switch isn't banned, not like my switch so we decided to change our consoles because I want to play online. Fin
And to be clear, the broken Switch has a sysMMC backup from before the Switch was broken, yes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended