Gaming I got raped in ToI!!

quezcotl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hate2.gif

that cave boss with the two dogs... and I didnt save for like 2 hours.

hate this.

same thing with Vesperia. that dog boss was 100x harder then anything in the game.
I don't get it, I finished 4 other "tales of" games, and usually there is a boss in the beginning thats pretty tough but then the game is too easy.
wtf?
I hate this, your giving me bosses and enemies thats doesnt even hurt me, then face me vs a boss thats 1000x harder and can kill you with one combo?
Yeah, thats nice.
Also, why does it take 10000 sec to throw a life potion...

quezcotl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm warning players, they have the same kind of "dog fight" which they had in Vesperia.
It's unbalanced and sad how Namco hasnt balanced the game yet.

And if people wanna check my "Gamertag" Quezcotl (I have 920 gp in ToV) that boss was the hardest.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got raped at the same exact part dude. It's pretty much near impossible. The boss is too fast, has too much health, and facing 2 dogs as well doesn't help. I'll probably just use cheats for that part.

EDIT: I'm about 4 hours into the game at this part. That's with pretty straight-up play, not a lot of diversions from the path.

quezcotl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think blocking, using tactics like "attacking same target" and then snipe a wolf fast will work.

But I will try it tomorrow.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got raped also,had to lvl up a couple times, set strategies for my party members, and experimented with a few party combinations before I beat em.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
quezcotl said:
same thing with Vesperia. that dog boss was 100x harder then anything in the game.
A lot of people say that. Makes me wonder if I am just not good enough to "get raped"? I never had a problem at either parts..
If you're under-leveled that's one thing, but usually you have a sufficient amount of items/levels just not the right strategy.
Like in the Vesperia demo, everyone said the boss is impossible, but it's not.

Maybe it's just me.

quezcotl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, you're awesome.

and im sure you realised on the first try how to abuse the flowers, yeah, im sure your that kick-ass good.
probably timed it in perfect, no trials and error for people like you and gamefaqs users.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quezcotl said:
yeah, you're awesome.

and im sure you realised on the first try how to abuse the flowers, yeah, im sure your that kick-ass good.
probably timed it in perfect, no trials and error for people like you and gamefaqs users.

or you know, you aren't meant to rush through everything? thats what the guild quests are for. gamefaqs has nothing to do with whether you actually take your time or not.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ranting won't get you anywhere. I haven't played the Tales of series at all yet, but it seems kinda interesting, this "invincible" boss. What's the guys name?

Also, what game are we talking about? ToI... Tales of Innocence? Or ToV... Tales of Vesparia?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Killed the boss easily, without items ._. The only problem was his speed. I've lost only one time, I had had the game set in mania difficulty for a Rank 1 quest (guild), and I forgot to put it back on Normal before the boss fight..

Anyway, I'm now in this japanese style island, and the enemies are really tough. I had no problems to defeat enemies/boss before that, but these are really hard... I'm going to use a exp multiplicator cheat I think.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the dungeon on that Japanese island was wayy different from the field monsters from before. Had to grind by a save point for a bit to get ready for the boss fight in that dungeon.

quezcotl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Ranting won't get you anywhere. I haven't played the Tales of series at all yet, but it seems kinda interesting, this "invincible" boss. What's the guys name?

Also, what game are we talking about? ToI... Tales of Innocence? Or ToV... Tales of Vesparia?

1. read topic
2.I never said that he was invincible I just tried him once.

My problem -- or main point -- is how unbalanced this(other Tales of) is.
I was just using Vesperia as an exempel. Basically you can "hacknslash" the whole story except one of the first bosses, he can kill you very very fast, and you need to be as quick and strategic as against the last boss. this you face in the first 1/5 of the game, and then the game goes super easy.
does this make any sense?
that you face one of(if not) the toughest bosses when you start, and then the game never challenge you again (I got 920 gp in the game check my GT).
the same thing can be said about ff13 I got 1000gp and platinum in it, but lets go back to Innocence.
So far the has been extremly easy,so to then give me a boss that kills my mc and lower the hp of my allies in half in the first seconds of the fight?
you gotta be kidding me.

I'm not saying this is a "get stuck" boss, im sure powerleveling and using some strategy will work.
but to throw people under the boss like they did with vesperia, wtf is the point?
I say this and I stand by this, the wolf boss in Vesperia was the hardest by far in Vesperia, and yet it was one of the first bosses and the demo boss.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the basis of the fight is to tell you to change your play style, as it should, both vesperia and innocence have intersting and fun combat system, running in and spamming is definitely not using it to its full potential.

loaded from a save state from before i spent about 2 hours on guild quests.

rushing in and the kid and the two dogs taking a chunk out of your health should be enough to tell you that you can't continue to play like you have with this boss. you can beat them quite easily even if you aren't levelled appropriately. my party the first time round consisted of luca, ricardo and ange came in at level 19 i think . this time round i used luca, iria and spada all level 14. didnt even need to change a strategy, just moved iria to the back. concentrated on getting tension up, healing when necessary with iria. once tension was up, use awakening and was even smoother sailing from there. as long as you can control the three 3 characters without much trouble this boss should be a breeze at low levels.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hah. I got this same problem with my first time. In that time it was truly nightmare. You just need beat dogs first and fast, then beat the real boss. I have started game again when translation patch was released and I was yesterday in this part of game and beated the boss in under 1min 10sec without any items. That was pretty funny. Of course, I have beated the game like 10 times before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc