Hacking I got Homebrew ok my 3ds (11.2) Now what?

Littleisaiah519

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I can't believe it thank you all for help me through this I was getting frustrated with this whole thing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes. Rather you can install cias (which are eshop titles), you can't play the .3ds files.
What's the difference between .3ds and .cia?

Littleisaiah519

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
.3ds is rom (read only memory) .cia is a install-able rom
Ok but what differentiates the 2 like why would you use one or the other? Also does CIA just mean it won't be installed onto the home menu. Can you explain a little more please. Sorry I'm a little mew

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok but what differentiates the 2 like why would you use one or the other? Also does CIA just mean it won't be installed onto the home menu. Can you explain a little more please. Sorry I'm a little mew
.3ds requires a flashcard to be loaded on the 3ds and a private header to be injected into it

.cia files install like eshop games and do not require a private header or a flashcard

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok last question. I know where to get 3ds rooms. Are they already .cia or do I have to convert them?
if i was you i would get the cia files not the rom files you can get the files all ready in cia format.

if i was you i would get the cia files not the rom files you can get the files all ready in cia format.
but if i was you i would go with freeshop cia file it will do every thing and some.

Littleisaiah519

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

but if i was you i would go with freeshop cia file it will do every thing and some.
Where can I get the .cia files then?

Littleisaiah519

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's amazing how now we can get full access to homebrew on 11.2 now there is no need to downgrade. Thank you everyone for your help with this issue I had. There is one last issue that I want to take care of though. What if a game has an update like smash bros or Pokemon what do I do then?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing how now we can get full access to homebrew on 11.2 now there is no need to downgrade. Thank you everyone for your help with this issue I had. There is one last issue that I want to take care of though. What if a game has an update like smash bros or Pokemon what do I do then?
the best thing to do is use freeshop . . . you gotta find it on that iso site
but you can do game updates from the eshop . . . but be warned when you enter the eshop any dlc you have pirated will be uninstalled
or you can look for the updates in cia format

Littleisaiah519

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the best thing to do is use freeshop . . . you gotta find it on that iso site
but you can do game updates from the eshop . . . but be warned when you enter the eshop any dlc you have pirated will be uninstalled
or you can look for the updates in cia format
Ok so I have already purchase smash 3ds DLC if I use free shop to get smash I can use my bought DLC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.