Hacking I flashed the iEdge using a DS and am trying to use it in DSi.

lorianno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

I flashed the iEdge in my DS and now want my son to use it in his DSi...I formatted the micro SD and re-installed the bootstrap updater...version 2, when booting the DS I get the sudoku icon but once I touch it...I get a black screen and an error code.

HELP!!! Is this because I initially flashed it in a DSL?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did your son updated his DSi firmware to 1.4.1? iEDGE currently does not support 1.4.1.

Also, tell your son to never update DSi, it will only block more flashcarts.

lorianno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt he updated anything...he is 5 years old...heehee and he just got the DSi today...would the update take place by itself?

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lorianno said:
I doubt he updated anything...he is 5 years old...heehee and he just got the DSi today...would the update take place by itself?
Oh, by now all DSi should come with 1.4.1. Go to system settings, firmware version should be there.

lorianno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that totally sucks!!! How often do Edge release updates? I have two other iEdges that have always worked on our other DS and DSi's so will not lose faith in this cart quite yet;)

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you can leave them tech e-mail on their web site and you might get an answer when they will have an update or not.
Some people have gotten replies, I personally have not. I've had my edge for a little over a month now. Mine still works with my DSI XL but I have not updated it to 1.4.1 yet. I'm waiting for the Iedge fix if it ever comes. If not I can continue using it the way it is or get another card. I'm in no hurry though.

lorianno said:
Well that totally sucks!!! How often do Edge release updates? I have two other iEdges that have always worked on our other DS and DSi's so will not lose faith in this cart quite yet;)

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samjef11 said:
ANd ifi am correct it was made by the same team that made CycloDS?
am i right.
What I heard is that both iEDGE and CycloDS are made from the same factory. They are separately maintained by different teams.

Team Cyclops never accused EDGE being a clone, so in technical EDGE and CycloDS are siblings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1