I feel as though video games are the most underrepresented medium of preservation compared to other art forms like Books, Music and Movies.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember reading a science fiction book set in the future, and it had one character who watched movies on 35mm film projector because it had higher quality than home releases of movies. But 4k today captures 35mm film detail well, and 8k will probably capture 75mm film detail too. The writer couldn't imagine that technology will catch up and he assumed we'd all be using the same old TVs even in the future.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KleinesSinchen & @The Real Jdbye - that's all true, I was just using the "original release format" versus "home release format" as an analog for "original hardware" versus "emulation". The experience had can be very similar - arguably better even - but unless you own the original hardware and cartridges/disks and a CRT screen (for video games) or a 35mm projector, orignal film reels, auditorium with 40' wide screen and cinema sound system (for movies) the experience can't ever be identical to the intended original experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-EuoBjkKI&pp=ygUqd2F0Y2htZW4gaSdtIG5vdCB0cmFwcGVkIGluIGhlcmUgd2l0...