I dropped my phone

throwawayaccount987

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dropped my phone and there are vertical lines of dead pixels on the screen. There are no cracks on the screen. The left side is unreadable and the colours change between blue and black. The middle and right side of the screen look discoloured but is still readable.

A new screen is about $50 and I'm confident I can install it myself; but my life situation is a bit busy right now. Is the screen likely to get worse over time? If it is, then I'll find the time to fix it. If it wont, then I'll just use a semi-functional phone for a while.

Last edited by throwawayaccount987,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dropped my phone and there are vertical lines of dead pixels on the screen. There are no cracks on the screen. The left side is unreadable and the colours change between blue and black. The middle and right side of the screen look discoloured but is still readable.

A new screen is about $50 and I'm confident I can install it myself; but my life situation is a bit busy right now. Is the screen likely to get worse over time? If it is, then I'll find the time to fix it. If it wont, then I'll just use a semi-functional phone for a while.
it probably won't get worse as long as it isn't dropped again. There's no real way of knowing, but from my experience, it'll probably stay the way it is now.

Reactions: throwawayaccount987

Deleted member 507653

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unlikely to get worse on its own. However, it will be more susceptible to impact -- slight trauma that wouldn't have affected it before may create more damage now. My rec would be to stabilize it with a nice phone case that locks all the way around your phone (including the front screen).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok