I dropped my phone

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by throwawayaccount987, Nov 6, 2019.

1. throwawayaccount987
    OP

throwawayaccount987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2019
    Australia
    I dropped my phone and there are vertical lines of dead pixels on the screen. There are no cracks on the screen. The left side is unreadable and the colours change between blue and black. The middle and right side of the screen look discoloured but is still readable.

A new screen is about $50 and I'm confident I can install it myself; but my life situation is a bit busy right now. Is the screen likely to get worse over time? If it is, then I'll find the time to fix it. If it wont, then I'll just use a semi-functional phone for a while.

Last edited by throwawayaccount987, Nov 6, 2019
  2. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    it probably won't get worse as long as it isn't dropped again. There's no real way of knowing, but from my experience, it'll probably stay the way it is now.

throwawayaccount987 likes this.
  3. MistApo

MistApo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2015
    United States
    It's bad new.

4. cauliquackers

cauliquackers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2019
    United States
    It's unlikely to get worse on its own. However, it will be more susceptible to impact -- slight trauma that wouldn't have affected it before may create more damage now. My rec would be to stabilize it with a nice phone case that locks all the way around your phone (including the front screen).

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted