Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, is it that good?

Yep! All of the NRS fighting games MKX and after also have rollback! Not to mention Fightcade which makes arcade games up to the NAOMI and Atomiswave games playable online with rollback netcode with Fightcade 2 along with a host of classic Arcade and Neo-Geo games that have been emulated on PCs since the Win98 days!

Also, the PC ports of KOF2002UM and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R have had rollback netcode added to them along with there being a version of the last iteration of Melty Blood that has had rollback since before even KI3!

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Yep! All of the NRS fighting games MKX and after also have rollback! Not to mention Fightcade which makes arcade games up to the NAOMI and Atomiswave games playable online with rollback netcode with Fightcade 2 along with a host of classic Arcade and Neo-Geo games that have been emulated on PCs since the Win98 days!
That moment when over decade old arcade games have better net code than smash ultimate

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shit like that is exactly why I keep using Windows 7. All Microsoft does is fucking up each time they release a patch or update. I wanted to play the Forza games but it's definitely no loss for me and I got GTA and The Crew 2 that I like. I don't visit sketchy websites and if it is, Malwarebytes blocks them. We had Windows 10 and it was nothing but a disaster and headaches.

And you issue is only from Microsoft their side, not the PC. And the fact you need a RTX3000 is a generic comment from upset people. I have a GTX1080Ti and it does its job fine at running games at 1440p and 2160p. And now, the prices have gone absurd because of scalpers and miners, I saved my GTX780 just in case if my 1080Ti ever stops working. I upgraded the GPU back in 2018.

DRM is cancer, we can all agree on that. DRM gives people nothing but troubles and headache while pirates can play it fine like I did to GTA4. Seriously. who the fuck thought it's a good idea to come up with DRM? And it's no loss for me too to avoid Denuvo'ed games. I vote for my wallet and I can miss them all perfectly fine. Those stupid greedy fucks should not think they can piss on us customers.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly hate this about all kinds of gaming. I understand progression and updating hardware, but it’s really shitty to tether games to older products. I know there’s no perfect solution, but it really makes wanting to play some games so much more difficult. Weird rant but I actually really find it annoying some of my games are stuck on older systems. This is the reason why the 3DS is still my favorite system, it allows me to play my DS and 3DS games legitimately and getting older games isn’t too difficult a process. I know the Switch can somewhat do that and PC too, but it’s more about just having in a far more accessible format that the 3DS provides. I digress though and point is, this kind of nonsense is nothing new but definitely annoying as fuck.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I honestly hate this about all kinds of gaming. I understand progression and updating hardware, but it’s really shitty to tether games to older products. I know there’s no perfect solution, but it really makes wanting to play some games so much more difficult. Weird rant but I actually really find it annoying some of my games are stuck on older systems. This is the reason why the 3DS is still my favorite system, it allows me to play my DS and 3DS games legitimately and getting older games isn’t too difficult a process. I know the Switch can somewhat do that and PC too, but it’s more about just having in a far more accessible format that the 3DS provides. I digress though and point is, this kind of nonsense is nothing new but definitely annoying as fuck.
Microsoft keeps screwing that up too. I like to play GTA San Andreas and also VC and III too and they works best on Windows 7. My cousin wanted to play GTA SA on his Windows 10 laptop but it keeps crashing all the time.

I would have loved it to get the 3DS XL but seeing Nintendo their ididot logics and choices, I dropped it. So only have the original phat NDS to play NDS and GB/C/A games on it. And on the old skool way, it's more fun actually :P

This always applies to me: if it works, don't fix (or update.)

D

Deleted User

OP
After making this thread I can't go within criticizing Sony after the last week. Not only are they supposedly closing PS3/Vita/PSP stores (game preservation who cares?) it was revealed they have a built in clock that when the battery dies in it your games no longer work. No problem until they decide to do what they're doing with those other stores, close the PS4 store. Then your PS4 is completely useless because even if you replace the battery you need to connect to PSN to reauth the ability to play games. This applies to disc or digital games. Good job Sony.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After making this thread I can't go within criticizing Sony after the last week. Not only are they supposedly closing PS3/Vita/PSP stores (game preservation who cares?) it was revealed they have a built in clock that when the battery dies in it your games no longer work. No problem until they decide to do what they're doing with those other stores, close the PS4 store. Then your PS4 is completely useless because even if you replace the battery you need to connect to PSN to reauth the ability to play games. This applies to disc or digital games. Good job Sony.
Yep, Sony is extremely horrible when it comes to shit like that. Remember the memory cards fiasco for the PSVita? Yeah, fuck that. In order to keep your progress you are obligatored to buy a freaking proprietary memory cards and boy, they are not cheap, even 4GB is like 5x or more the price of normal 4GB microsd cards, let's not get started about 16GB let alone 32GB version and then you're running out of memory when you fill it with a few movies and games... As an excuse to have proprietary memory cards: preventing piracy. Bitch please... That's the lamest excuse ever, just like DRM bullshit. In the end, it really does hurt the legit buyers!

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If a newer version of Windows doesn't support some old game you want to play even using workarounds like Compatibility Mode, just use an older version of Windows in a VM. You can even use GPU passthrough to play it with the same power as if it were on bare metal. Or, if you have a Linux or Mac machine, use Wine or Proton and it'll probably work there too. With PCs, you have several options, you're not locked in to what the device manufacturer allows you to do. Same as a modded console, only more so and OOTB. I'm sorry, but I just don't think your complaint is valid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s