I discoverd Techno Music

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i actually LOVE techno, but not the stuff done live by a DJ, more the kind that is made over a long time on a computer! obvioulsy it sounds better... because it can always be remastered. here is where i go for techno, thank me later: pwnage

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.:Crimonite:. said:
it took you this long to realise the awesomeness of techno?

+1

Only about a year ago my friend tuned me on to techno.
smile.gif

Using Pandora to listen to Tiesto right now. Now its"I see right through to you" by DJ Encore.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah... that's Trance you're in love with... not Techno. Techno is like Boys Noize and Richie Hawtin. PS: For a sample of my style of House and Breaks... check the link in my signature.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ducky said:
Before I listend to music created for partys (Techno, Electro and so on) I dis-liked it. Thought it ruins music and makes crap out of it.

Theres a D.J. called D.J. Tiesto , He seems to be the number 1 DJ in the world right now.. Anyway this guy is a genious! he took a classic song called "Adagio for String " Which is a opera-like song which features a lot of classic instruments (non electric) .. Anyway when he was young he wanted to be a famous fiddler or something , but he didn't pass the qualifycations to be a high-leveld fiddler.

He took this song and remixed it. It became his biggest hit.

Now when I heard this story I thought it was crap , a friend of mine then played the song on youtube , and DAMN . THIS . GUY . IS. A. GENIOUS!

original Adagio for stings(listen about a minute or two of the song , it gets kind of boring fast) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMz8fKkG2g

Tiesto's remix for Adagio for string(I start dancing when I hear this song =P) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__uVTxkbcp8
Uhh, god...
glare.gif

QUOTE(Blonde @ Nov 5 2009, 08:32 AM) To be exact this is trance, techno is just a word for all electronic genre's.
Uhh, GOD...Please no more bullshit, or imma cut myself
wacko.gif

Reading this thread fucking HURTS me in the brain big time.
Tiesto is not, and has never been, Techno. Techno is not, and has never been, a word for all genres of electronic music. No, not every tune with an electronic beat that goes like "ntz ntz ntz" is Techno.
And no, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren and Paul van Dyk don't do house music, either. There's not the slightest tidbit of truth behind those claims.
And once again no, wrong usage of these terms is not "okay", no matter how many people have made and still are making completely wrong use of any of these terms, because the truth doesn't underlie a democracy. There's either true information or false information. It's really not that difficult.

If you actually believe Tiesto falls under "Techno" and even as much as claim to like that kind of music, please, for the love of everything that's good, do a Wikipedia search for the terms "techno", "house", "electronic music" and "trance", and please stop spreading those bullshit definitions of what you might think you might have heard might be the right use of these terms. Anything less than that will result in you looking like a huge moron in front of people who do know a thing or two about this music, and affected genres (no matter if it's Techno or any other genre in existence) losing more and more of its reputation simply over false claims, thus preventing more and more people from actually giving the genre a shot.
Seriously, correcting people's mistakes with even bigger mistakes is not cool. Give actual facts a chance.

This chronic and massive misuse of the word "Techno" just annoys the hell out of me. I've lost count of how many dialogues between me and another person went like this:
"I listen to Techno."
"Really? Me too. What artists do you like?"
"You know, Tiesto, Scooter, Daft Punk, Moby and all that kind of stuff"...

Can obtaining true information about what music genre you're currently listening to really be that hard, or do people simply not care anymore? I mean, isn't it really sad that the op's passion for a type of music previously unknown to him started on a lie?
He probably already started looking for other "Techno" music, expecting to stumble upon more music that's alike to the Tiesto song in question...
Of course there's always a blurred line and a bit of tolerance between genres, but in this case, the bottom line is that actual Techno music is for countless people being overshadowed by music that's anything but Techno, robbing them of the chance to truly experience Techno, all on account of some moronic bogus definition of Techno like we've witnessed right in this thread. Let's agree that's just not fair.

I know that most people reading this won't even give a shit, and I don't give a shit about your perception of Techno, either, as long as you keep it to yourself...But when it comes to situations like these, where people believe and claim they're discussing a certain type of music while actually discussing something entirely else, I just get mad. Everyone's entitled to his opinion, but this just isn't a matter of opinion. No matter how much people might try to justify the wrong use of the term, they'll always stay wrong.
Stuff like this is the source of all trash-talk about anything other people like, and it's just deeply insulting to the people who actually share love for the same thing.
I'm also aware I'll most likely appear to most people to be hugely exaggerating and overreacting, but trust me, I've witnessed too many disputes and too much bullshittery about Techno all thanks to everybody gang-raping the poor thing.

Loving electronic music, and seeing how electronic music in general is currently gaining huge momentum, it's just really important to me to prevent terrible misinformation from spreading like a wildfire wherever I can.
lecture.gif

It's also for the better good of this brand new forum. Don't want it to sink into a deep lake of bullshit right away, do you? Not that I could ever prevent that from happening with a post like this, but at least now I'll be able to watch it happen with a clean conscience.
Well, that's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse