Gaming I could use some help regarding a PSP purchase...

manobon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I sold off my 5.03 3000 And Go...then I used the PayPal winnings to get a used PS3. Now, I have a good amount left, enough for a 3000 or Go.

Also, maybe, my local Gamestop will get a 3000 Big Boss bundle by Wednesday or Thursday (shipped from a store that happened to have one left- I asked them to do that when I was 100% sure about selling the other stuff for it).

So! I'm wondering... if the Gamestop crew gets the camo-3000, I feel like I should get it regardless, but should I get a Go instead? I'm not interested in HBL (unless it somehow enabled CwCheat And PSNLover/Infrastructure access), so 6.20 FW isn't important.

I play(ed) PSP games usually on lunch breaks, bus trips, at coffee shops and at home (really would like to enjoy Ad Hoc Party). So! What do you think? Just asking for suggestions, so the whole, "well, only You know what you ultimately want" comments would be kind of unnecessary.

Thanks in advance!

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go for the 3000 if homebrew isn't all that important to you. Seriously I saw a Go in very good shape at the pawn shop yesterday for $70 then at Wal-Mart a new one was for $250 but didn't even consider buying in on the deal

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The PSP Go is turbo-charged fail, it's being shipped with ten free games here in the UK and they STILL can't get rid of the damn things. Seriously, the last time I checked with the manager of my local store (we're pretty good friends, given how much money I've spent in there over the years) the PSP 3K model was outselling the PSP Go by over 100 to 1. That's pretty piss poor effort from the Go there. My advice is to buy a PSP 3K if that's what you want, personally I favour the original model but to each their own. Just don't buy a Go. I will have no choice but to laugh at you.

Also bear in mind the PSP Go remains unhacked, at least to my knowledge, so if you're planning on plundering the net for your games, and I'd say that's likely given where we're having this conversation, then you'll be after an older model.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP go is useless. I've never heard somebody say " I'm not squinting hard enough please make the screens smaller." Seriously, don't buy a go.

manobon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions! I ended up getting a "like new" Big Boss bundle, And an 80GB PS3 for less than the PSP and Go (though, I had a bunch of accessories, and I sold the 3000 with a 16GB memory card). Can't wait to get Trophies, as well as use Ad Hoc Party!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse