I changed my Luma3ds combination and now I forgot it.

3dsRed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Basically what the title says. Is there any way to reset it? Or at least access the menu through another way so I can change it?

Reactions: Mr_Start
D

Deleted member 653399

Hello @3dsRed :), you can fix this problem very easy, your Luma3DS button combination is stored inside the Luma3DS folder in the config.bin file, you have to delete it to make your existing button combination disappear, you can do this by inserting the SD card from your 3DS into your PC and deleting the config.bin file from there, or you just access your SD card directly from your 3DS itself via GodMode9.
After doing this and restarting your 3DS the first thing that will happen is that you will be taken directly to the Luma3DS configuration menu, from there you will have to set everything as you need it, and then you can press the "START" button on your 3DS to then start your 3DS normally.

From GodMode9:
GM9.png

From your PC:
PC.png

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello @3dsRed :), you can fix this problem very easy, your Luma3DS button combination is stored inside the Luma3DS folder in the config.bin file, you have to delete it to make your existing button combination disappear, you can do this by inserting the SD card from your 3DS into your PC and deleting the config.bin file from there, or you just access your SD card directly from your 3DS itself via GodMode9.
After doing this and restarting your 3DS the first thing that will happen is that you will be taken directly to the Luma3DS configuration menu, from there you will have to set everything as you need it, and then you can press the "START" button on your 3DS to then start your 3DS normally.

From GodMode9:
View attachment 371353

From your PC:
View attachment 371352
Haven't messed with the pin function in a while. It just created a pin.bin when setting a combination. Seems this got moved away from the config since the transition to an ini style.

But the concept is still the same: Just delete the pin from SD. Since SD booting takes preference over NAND boot, this is all (one has to recompile B9S to change boot order to prevent this, effectively needing ntrboot to bypass the pin).

D

Deleted member 653399

Haven't messed with the pin function in a while. It just created a pin.bin when setting a combination. Seems this got moved away from the config since the transition to an ini style.

But the concept is still the same: Just delete the pin from SD. Since SD booting takes preference over NAND boot, this is all (one has to recompile B9S to change boot order to prevent this, effectively needing ntrboot to bypass the pin).
Hey @KleinesSinchen ^.^ , you are right, I just tried both solutions and both work, the solution to delete the pin.bin file is a bit more comfortable because if you delete the config.bin file as I suggested then you would have to enter the Luma3DS settings again.

3dsRed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

From GodMode9:
View attachment 371353

From your PC:
View attachment 371352
Oh my god i finally understood what to do!! Tysm!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo