Hacking I can't load games on R4i SDHC *Christmas Edition*

Peachrules14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I ordered an R4i gold, but r4cards.co.uk sent me this Christmas edition. Whoopie. Anyway, I can't play any games on it. I put the roms on the Micro SD card and when I click the games category on the r4 menu, nothing shows up. If I go into the multimedia section, I can see the game files, but if I click on one it freezes. What firmware/files do I need to change?

Thanks!

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
You did unzip them first, right? You can't run zipped, RARed or 7zipped roms, you must extract the nds files from these archives to use them. I was about to suggest the same thing...quite a common occurrance for 1st time flashcart owners.

@OP,
QUOTE(Peachrules14 @ Feb 3 2010, 01:49 PM) Deveno has a few flash carts for sale and all of them are very low priced. I saw that an Acekard 2i with a 4GB card is only $24. The flash cart industry is shady business by itself, so I'm very hesitant to buy unless I know I'm getting an authentic product.
This is what you posted in your thread 03 Feb. This is not a whack at you, but why did you even contemplate ordering an R4i Gold, when you claimed you were hesitant to buy an AK2i?
blink.gif

Peachrules14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Destructobot said:
You did unzip them first, right? You can't run zipped, RARed or 7zipped roms, you must extract the nds files from these archives to use them. I was about to suggest the same thing...quite a common occurrance for 1st time flashcart owners.

@OP,
QUOTE(Peachrules14 @ Feb 3 2010, 01:49 PM) Deveno has a few flash carts for sale and all of them are very low priced. I saw that an Acekard 2i with a 4GB card is only $24. The flash cart industry is shady business by itself, so I'm very hesitant to buy unless I know I'm getting an authentic product.
This is what you posted in your thread 03 Feb. This is not a whack at you, but why did you even contemplate ordering an R4i Gold, when you claimed you were hesitant to buy an AK2i?
blink.gif
Aha yes... I was thinking about getting an AK2i because I found out that r4cards.co.uk had received horrible reviews, so just in case my order didn't come, I would have gotten an AK2i.

Thanks.

I think I might know what's wrong. On the top screen on the main menu, it says:

Micro SD
Volume: 4 GB
Format:

The format is blank. Is it supposed to be like that? I've formatted it a number of times, always to the default of FAT 32. Is that right?

Peachrules14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted it to FAT and on the r4i menu, it shows it's formatted to FAT16 so at least we're getting somewhere. It still doesn't show up as having games though.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It might be an idea to list what files show on your msd (full display - eg. underscores, etc.), to give us a better chance of helping quickly.
BTW, fat32 is the way to go.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Peachrules14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
i was right you need to have your roms in the "GAME" folder for the r4 to see them
I tried that, but it still didn't work...
unsure.gif

I found something else:

When I click on Media, an error screen appears and says:
QUOTEAn error was detected while trying to access the disc or a file. Please confirm the followings:
Was ROM file of a correct DLDI patch started? Please re-format the media and try again. Please try with different media from another manufacturer.

Darksaiyan9000

Darksaiyan9000
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look i have exactly the same problem but i have an r4i sdhc red box and i havent solved this problem but to whom may be conserned i need this problem fixed before this upcomeing friday but a few questions does yours say MOONSHL2NDS when you tap the game icon?does it take you to another place in the r4?if it does do you see the game?DOES THE DANG R4 COMPLEATLY FREEZES WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE GAME?because i that is exacly what is happening to me can someone anyone pleas reply and tell me the answer before this upcoming friday im going to mexico this upcoming friday and i dont have axess to a computer in mexico

R

r3v3rb

fusionfallax,

I bought an r4i sdhc from a company in the UK - downloaded the software and had no games listed and also the damn thing showed the settings icon as a GBA booter - then I changed the skin in the settings - shoved all my unzipped roms into the root of the card - checked to make sure the save games from an m3simply running Wood_R4 where renamed back to .sav not .nds.sav and everything worked perfectly.

In between all of that I also reformatted the SD card using a different SD card usb convertor, as the one that came with the R4i seemed to overheat the SD - ALOT !!!

Good luck in your quest, it seems these cards are temperamental at best...

r3v3rb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    PP is crooked la, set it straight
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop looking at my hooked pp
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my bad, blame it on lack of lube
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Barrels of lube
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    still busy hackin' ps4?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the damn script would work it'd be nice
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    maybe it's the incompatible model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's because I have a arch64 model tv it's just normal ps4 bs
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, the JB does not activate instantly, because it relies on a flaw showing up in a process
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm on a older 6.72, still kinda tempted to upgrade, maybe a 9.00
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i probably cant go higher than 9.00 becus i have the CUH-22XX model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep getting stuck on waiting for padi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    hmmm, i got no clue, i need to re-check their step by step guide
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    11.0 hack is great if you got a webos tv
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont have LG tvs around