PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
have only flashme on your flashcart and boot up while holding A+B+START+SELECT, if it boots to your flashcart good, if not. sorry not much else to do.

Just a question, how did you manage to brick your lite?

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got it back on with the ABStartSelect method (though there are other things on the card. And after pushing XBXB it says "If progress stops, the SL2 terminal needs to be shorted. Please keep it shorted until flashing is finished.

Progress: 1%" and the % sign is flashing rapidly. I've tried shorting the SL1 and the percent doesn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong? Should I cut the power and clear my SD card and try again?

db2431

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just done exactly the same thing, lite turned off at 1% flashing, i was stupid and careless as i has just flashed 1 fine an hour before and just jammed stick and foil in and shorted something.Now I have an ez4lite and have flashme.nds on the cart and have held a+b+start+select with the passme not in and i get nothing, power light comes on but thats it, no action from the screens, any help would be appreciated.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Fixed fixed fixed! Weeee
smile.gif

Here's what happened.

The DS Lite was a pain in the ass to get working - the whole Superpass 2 + Warioware combo, flip off, flip on thing was a huge pain in the ass. So when I finally got it working (Thanks MC DUI) I thought the hard part was over. So, like I did with the DS, I shoved a nail in there, only this time it didn't start right up. Instead, I fidgeted the nail - got one percent and then blep! Power off. So the AB Start Select thing worked as described above, so I got a toothpick with tinfoil this time and then after a pause it started going perfectly. Now, it's off, and happy as can be.

Thanks everyone.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I have just done exactly the same thing, lite turned off at 1% flashing, i was stupid and careless as i has just flashed 1 fine an hour before and just jammed stick and foil in and shorted something.Now I have an ez4lite and have flashme.nds on the cart and have held a+b+start+select with the passme not in and i get nothing, power light comes on but thats it, no action from the screens, any help would be appreciated.

If it really is broken, here you go http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2648
The guy there will fix it for $10 plus shipping. If not, you can sell it to him for $50 bricked.

Kagaden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If it really is broken, here you go http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2648
The guy there will fix it for $10 plus shipping. If not, you can sell it to him for $50 bricked.

I don't mean to be rude, but after reading that thread, I'm not convinced that sending it to him for fixing is a good idea... or even selling it considering you can typically return it to the store for being defective (within time). He supports a dude that practically gives instructions to brick a DSLite in his main topic too by saying...

bitblt said:
The truth about the power off problem with new NDSLs
http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4339&highlight=

So I go and see this guy Daveychan's post about "The truth..." and my eyeballs nearly pop out of my head when I read this... (because I just flashed my DSL).

QUOTE(Daveychan @ Jun 07 2006, 6:46 PM)
If the percentage counter starts increasing, just keep waiting. If it doesn't, I strongly recommend you remove your tool, power off, and START OVER. The reason for this is that if you managed to bridge the gap, but didn't hold it long enough to kick start the flash, you'll lose power the second time you touch that SL1.

... think about it? What if you actually connected at 0% and then lost connection and he's "strongly recommending" to reboot? That's just mad. At least try a second bridge (and third and fourth) even, especially after reading the four page of people who debunk his "recommendations". That one guy buying DS Lites is the only one backing that other dude up.

I'm new to this whole scene and maybe it's a coincidence... but I see somethin's fishy there.

Just a word of caution.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know about the "truth guide"
i lost contact flashing my dslite several times yesterday when i was flashing it.. and its ok... hmmm.

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
same here i lost connection cuple of time on my new ndslite the other day and its still ok! - i was using a bent paperclip to short the sl1 but it was not conducting, so i covered it with kitchen aluminium foil ( the look my mum gave me when i asked for just a little piece= pricless
rofl2.gif
) and hey presto it counted to 100% in about 20secs!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay