Gaming I bought a Vita

D

Deleted_171835

Gravity Rush isn't anything special. I'll admit that I thought it was okay in the beginning where I was just getting to terms with the whole flying mechanic and the story looked to be interesting (so much for that) but it turned out to be dull and certainly didn't live up to the hype.

Oh my seriously? Can I have a link for this gossip, cause if it is I need to save for a copy. An just opinion hon, it is free on PS+ so it doesn't really hurt to try.
http://thesilentchief.com/2013/04/22/rayman-legends-coming-to-the-ps-vita/

And an insider who pretty much confirmed it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Gravity Rush isn't anything special. I'll admit that I thought it was okay in the beginning where I was just getting to terms with the whole flying mechanic and the story looked to be interesting (so much for that) but it turned out to be dull and certainly didn't live up to the hype.
I really don't know what's your problem with this game - it's a great, critically acclaimed title, it scores great on reviews and is considered to be one of the best games on the platform so far. I'm not going to throw Metacritic scores around but I really think you're either expecting too much from it or it's just not stylized in a way that'd be down your alley.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I really don't know what's your problem with this game - it's a great, critically acclaimed title, it scores great on reviews and is considered to be one of the best games on the platform so far. I'm not going to throw Metacritic scores around but I really think you're either expecting too much from it or it's just not stylized in a way that'd be down your alley.
Maybe he just doesn't like it, lol.
Reviews and being acclaimed means nothing imo...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe he just doesn't like it, lol.
Reviews and being acclaimed means nothing imo...
He's entitled to his opinion, sure, but I'd like to point out that he's in the great minority. I don't care much for reviews myself, I simply played the game from cover to cover and I recommend it and from what I gathered, many other players share my point of view. While game magazine reviews can be ignored due to whatever reasons (PlayStation Magazine giving a Sony game a high score can be considered bias, IGN is IGNorant and so on and so forth) user reviews are much more reliable as nobody pays users to write good reviews for games. With that in mind, user reviews for this title are generally favourable.

It's fast-paced, the gravity control mechanics are well-made (although they require some initial training), skill progression is very see-through and logical, the challenge missions are satisfying, the game world is big and full of secrets, the boss fights are varied and interesting and if there's one flaw I see in this game then it's the fact that the game's a little short (that being said, I still have to get DLC for it).

For a title that you get for free it's nothing to huff and puff about - in fact, it's a great deal. I was planning on getting a physical copy of this game but then I found out that it's on PSPlus and I immediately subscribed - I'm yet to regret spending time playing it.

D

Deleted_171835

He's entitled to his opinion, sure, but I'd like to point out that he's in the great minority. I don't care much for reviews myself, I simply played the game from cover to cover and I recommend it and from what I gathered, many other players share my point of view. While game magazine reviews can be ignored due to whatever reasons (PlayStation Magazine giving a Sony game a high score can be considered bias, IGN is IGNorant and so on and so forth) user reviews are much more reliable as nobody pays users to write good reviews for games. With that in mind, user reviews for this title are generally favourable.

It's fast-paced, the gravity control mechanics are well-made (although they require some initial training), skill progression is very see-through and logical, the challenge missions are satisfying, the game world is big and full of secrets, the boss fights are varied and interesting and if there's one flaw I see in this game then it's the fact that the game's a little short (that being said, I still have to get DLC for it).

For a title that you get for free it's nothing to huff and puff about - in fact, it's a great deal. I was planning on getting a physical copy of this game but then I found out that it's on PSPlus and I immediately subscribed - I'm yet to regret spending time playing it.
That sentiment isn't exactly unanimous.
http://www.giantbomb.com/gravity-rush/61-35617/reviews/
http://www.destructoid.com/review-gravity-rush-227786.phtml

And if you want to bring up user reviews, it's not all positive.

The gravity mechanic is pretty fun and I like the scale of the world but there's not really much more to it than that. It left me thinking "cool, we can fly around and kick things, now what?". The story doesn't go anywhere, missions are boring and tedious and the boss fights are just wait for your super to charge, attack, rinse and repeat.

tl;dr: opinions, how do they work

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that PS Vita prices are falling and while I'm not too keen on the current retail prices, how is the online shop? Are there any games on that shop that's worth getting?

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Recently got myself a vita... had a good fun with Wipeout which is free for PSN+ which I am now... its woth it.

But my main games, I imported Miku's Project Diva which is awesome and the One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 which is a blast to play. Highly Recommended

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
I just started playing Persona 4 Golden last week, it really is awesome! Even though half the time is spent just going to school and hanging out with people.

And I also agree that Gravity Rush was slightly disappointing, mostly because the story didn't really seem to go anywhere. At the end of the game you didn't actually get (m)any answers to the questions you've been wondering throughout the game... I still liked the game, but now I'm hoping for a sequel that may not come and may not actually answer any questions either.

The only upcoming game I'm kinda interested in for Vita is Tearaway. (Also Corpse Party: Blood Drive I guess, though that may take years.) What other good games have people heard about?

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about picking up a Vita as well. Is it worth it to buy new? Or should I just stick with used? (I plan on only buying Persona 4 until something new comes along.)

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i bought a used psvita for 127 shipped and bought a 16gb memory card + a retal copy of resistance burning skies for 40€, so all together 170(more or less), ni am going to buy P4G this week for 20£ new

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
So after 4 months, does the screen of your Vita still look exactly the same as when you bought it?

Well my Vita hasn't exactly been used a lot what with the lack of good games, so I doubt the screen has regressed much from use? Is it rumored to lose brightness or something over time, is that why you're asking...? (I don't know of any such rumors.)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So after 4 months, does the screen of your Vita still look exactly the same as when you bought it?

I've had mine since December of last year and it still looks great!

Same as GameWinner, my screen continues to look great. In fact, a few of the initial "lines" which are so infamous on the PSVita screen when it displays dark colours and is held at certain angles are now much narrower and the screen is more even and uniform. It hasn't lost a single bit of brightness - it literally blasts me in the eyes even at the lowest brightness setting. The only instance when I adjust it is when I'm using it in strong direct sunlight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill