I bought a Treamcast.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a Micro-Center near you, they sell electronic parts and such. Good luck!
i love microcenter enough to make the 7 hour drive there and back when it makes sense to do so, i just have to have good enough reason to go. last time was upgrading my pc but i also picked up extra solder, solder wick, flux and wires ect... they have pretty much anything you could need, i want to go back again soon but haven't had a good enough reason to make the voyage... where i live in Alabama i will probably never get one and crossing state lines into Georgia to go is a bit of a pain without a good enough reason behind it.
Agreed. I have a misc cap kit on the way in the mail. 10 years ago I would've just gone to RadioShack.
yeah i have one of those lots of different value cap kits too, i also have harvest pc boards from dead stuff people throw out around town such as smashed tv's and the like. never know when you'll need a part off one. i need to get some bins and strip the boards of components for space reasons, the closet is pretty full....
i would reflow any suspect looking confections while doing the recap work too, it should help with longevity.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK, it wasn't called RadioShack; rather, it was Maplin. I used to go there to buy electronic kits that I would practice my soldering with, until it closed down sometime around 2018. Surprisingly, however, they still have an online store active.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a few friends that worked at one in maybe 2004? I miss Circuit City and Teavana as well.
Circuit City was my favorite store. Also I hated it. Why? I'll tell you: See it and want it? Dont need it? Too bad. Shut up stupid me and buy it anyway.

I hated that they went away but at the same time, it saved me a lot of money.

Reactions: JakobAir

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo