I bought a Treamcast.

JakobAir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It hasn't shipped yet. The seller had it listed as inoperable. It doesn't turn on. I'm hoping it's something simple. No accessories are included except for the bag. I'll be opening this up and taking a look inside. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of one of these open before.

treamcast.png

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I thought this was a joke at first. I never knew this existed. Pretty cool find. Hopefully you can get it working. Good luck!

Reactions: Blythe93

JakobAir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I thought this was a joke at first. I never knew this existed. Pretty cool find. Hopefully you can get it working. Good luck!
Thanks. It's something I've wanted for years but couldn't justify the price for a working one. I've never actually seen an INOP one for sale before. I'll share updates on here when I get it.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really wanted one back in the day, they are hard to find for sure on the more rare side of things. If you need any help fixing it post here, never worked on a treamcast per say but have done a lot of stuff with the dreamcast.

Reactions: BigOnYa

JakobAir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really wanted one back in the day, they are hard to find for sure on the more rare side of things. If you need any help fixing it post here, never worked on a treamcast per say but have done a lot of stuff with the dreamcast.
Thank you. I've modded a few consoles and have a bit of experience. If I can't get it going I'm going to get it over Modzville in California to take a look. I've bought some stuff from him before and he's an awesome guy.

Reactions: wolffangalchemist

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I've modded a few consoles and have a bit of experience. If I can't get it going I'm going to get it over Modzville in California to take a look. I've bought some stuff from him before and he's an awesome guy.
Great guy indeed love his tutorials on a lot of xbox stuff. His videos doing a 128mb ram upgrades really helped guide me through it when i did it myself.

Reactions: JakobAir

JakobAir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe just the power supply needs replacing.
Yeah, I'm hoping it's something simple like that. But who knows what's on the inside of this thing? Dreamcast stuff obviously, but there's got to be some obscure stuff in there too.
Post automatically merged:

Great guy indeed love his tutorials on a lot of xbox stuff. His videos doing a 128mb ram upgrades really helped guide me through it when i did it myself.
He's pretty funny and very helpful with any questions I had. We got to talking about Gamcube stuff and it's turns out my repository of ViperGC stuff helped him out a while back when he was looking for some files for it.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those are incredibly hard to find nowadays. The Treamcast is basically a modified Dreamcast, with the addition of an LCD and a modchip. The modchip is pretty early long before the days of replacement TSOPs; it uses a CPLD to patch certain parts of the BIOS loaded in memory, to allow Mil-CD and imports to run.

Here's what the exact chip looks like:

133737-IMG-0517-jpg

JakobAir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are incredibly hard to find nowadays. The Treamcast is basically a modified Dreamcast, with the addition of an LCD and a modchip. The modchip is pretty early long before the days of replacement TSOPs; it uses a CPLD to patch certain parts of the BIOS loaded in memory, to allow Mil-CD and imports to run.

Here's what the exact chip looks like:

133737-IMG-0517-jpg
Thank you for that. I really had no idea. I'm excited to get it, open it up, and take a look inside.

JakobAir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates?
It was delayed at LAX for I think 11 days. It showed up today! It does in fact not power on, even with a variable power supply I tried with it. I'm filming everything I'm doing with it. When I get time I'll open the thing up. And of course film that as well.

Attachments

• 20240222_185001.jpg
    20240222_185001.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was delayed at LAX for I think 11 days. It showed up today! It does in fact not power on, even with a variable power supply I tried with it. I'm filming everything I'm doing with it. When I get time I'll open the thing up. And of course film that as well.
That's pretty rad. It should work if you swap over the PSU with the correct one for your region, of course.

Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...