I beg you!Help...r4i sdhc 2013 edition problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Sir Laughalot, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Sir Laughalot
    OP

Sir Laughalot Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2013
    Romania
    I wanted to play pokemon black 2 on my r4i dualcore. I popped it into my laptop,got everything in it,and got it in m dsi for upgraing the firmware to play newer games. when it was done,it asked me to power cycle,and so i did. I open my dsi,the spongebob icon is still there,to my relief. but when i press the icon,it just displays white. Please help me...I cant see why it would get bricked,because it particularly asked to be rebooted D:<

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You're not the only one with this issue, it looks like they released a bad update file (or tried to flash it on the wrong models).

It's bricked, you'll need an original model DS or Lite (DSi/3DS WILL NOT WORK) and a second flash cart to unbrick it.

Also you don't need to upgrade the firmware/bootloader for new DS games, that's only for DSi/3DS compatibility, for future reference.

3. Sir Laughalot
    OP

Sir Laughalot Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2013
    Romania
    How about the chinese update? Someone was saying it fixes bricked 2013 ones?

4. Isaac

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    Well, If you bricked your current flashcard, may I suggest using this as an opportunity to upgrade to the Supercard dstwo? I don't personally have one, but it is the best flashcard as of now for compatibility (3ds/dsi) and emulation.

5. Isaac

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    ---