Hacking I am stuck and confused

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have done the bannerbomb exploit and put the HBC onto my wii. Now when I was installing the HBC it said that I can only install bootmii as an ISO. So does this mean that I cannot play backup games on my wii? Where do I need to go from here?

My wii is currently 3.4E

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. So far I have done the bannerbomb test on my 3.4E wii and installed the HBC. So I have done step 1 in the bannerbomb guide. So am I correct in saying that I now go into the backup forum and get something like neogammer or a USB loader? Is there anything else I need to do?

Do I need bootmii installed to play backup games?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chillyloop said:
Thanks for the help. So far I have done the bannerbomb test on my 3.4E wii and installed the HBC. So I have done step 1 in the bannerbomb guide. So am I correct in saying that I now go into the backup forum and get something like neogammer or a USB loader? Is there anything else I need to do?

There are quite a few stickies in this very forum that will help you. Just have patience and read.

PS: Bootmii as an "ISO"...haha, gotta love it
smile.gif
One is very much against the other!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chillyloop said:

Do I need bootmii installed to play backup games?

You need a cIOS installed + a loader, that's it. Everybody else telling you need cioscorp, preloader, softmii or whatever else is wrong. But enough in the wrong forum.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In your bannerbomb guide step1, does it just install the HBC, is this correct? All I have got so far is a HBC and something called DVDX. It would not let me install bootmii, only as an ISO.

Where do I find a cIOS? Do I need a special one?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chillyloop said:
In your bannerbomb guide step1, does it just install the HBC, is this correct? All I have got so far is a HBC and something called DVDX. It would not let me install bootmii, only as an ISO.

Where do I find a cIOS? Do I need a special one?

Enough in the wrong forum. And never install something from which you don't know what it's good for(DVDX).

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, please bare with me. Do you mean I am in the wrong sub forum for the cIOS, or this whole forum altogether? Which sub forum do I need to go to, the backup one?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol

ok, i'll walk you through it.

install a cIOS. I recommend either Custom IOS38 rev 13a or Custom IOS38 rev 10. Do your research, see which one you would rather use.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...en&ie=UTF-8

than, either use NeoGamma R3(For Disc Backups or USB) ot usbloader_GX(For USB) through the homebrew channel to play backups.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
lol

ok, i'll walk you through it.

install a cIOS. I recommend either Custom IOS38 rev 13a or Custom IOS38 rev 10. Do your research, see which one you would rather use.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...en&ie=UTF-8

than, either use NeoGamma R3(For Disc Backups or USB) ot usbloader_GX(For USB) through the homebrew channel to play backups.

Thank you. Lastly, can installing any of these brick my wii?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cIOS doesn't even touch the system menu, so no. My advice is read the readme file that comes with it, so you know how to do either a network install, or a wad install. (I recommend network if possible for you)

Using those 2 apps through the homebrew channel cannot brick your wii either.

Installing wads however, can brick your wii. There are ways to safe guard against wad/banner bricks though.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
cIOS doesn't even touch the system menu, so no. My advice is read the readme file that comes with it, so you know how to do either a network install, or a wad install. (I recommend network if possible for you)

Using those 2 apps through the homebrew channel cannot brick your wii either.

Installing wads however, can brick your wii. There are ways to safe guard against wad/banner bricks though.

Thanks, I got cIOS38_rev13, how do I do the network update? Do I place the .dol file on the root of my sd card and then go to the HBC?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PLEASE read the readme's that come with these threads and programs.. we all did too! it is very important you understand what you are doing, and not rely on what others tell u

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
PLEASE read the readme's that come with these threads and programs.. we all did too! it is very important you understand what you are doing, and not rely on what others tell u
Network Installation:

The readme just says, - Run the installer and select "Network Installation". It hardly tells me anything that I understand

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you stick the dol in the folder apps/CustomIOS38rev13

then go into the homebrew channel, and launch the app.

if your wii is connected to the internet, you can do a network update. if not, follow the instructions in the readme to do an offline install.

also, my advice, before doing anything else with your wii, do research on what can screw it up, and what can't. its the best way to learn more. Hell, when I hacked my wii i spent a lot of time just browsing forums and topics for various info.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand what your saying and I have been reading into lots of stuff before I got my wii. I am not one to keep messing about installing different things on my wii much. Like once I have got my wii so it plays backup games, I won't touch any of this stuff again unless I have to. I think I have stuffed up again though, before I put the cios on the sd card I formatted it, have I made a mistake? I'm getting a headache now.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either