Hacking I am getting an acekard 2.

Fantasma-del-Car

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it is a little expensive (got mine for about $54). But I specifically bought an Acekard 2 because of its enhanced memory capacity. I owned an M3Simply and quickly ran out of space at its maxed 2GB capacity. Acekard 2 is a good buy, and you will have the ability to go bigger in memory if you need to....

Jaylu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about getting any more than 2GB, it is plenty of room if you're just planning on playing games. If you want to listen to music and watch movies, 4GB would be enough, but 2GB is a decent amount that will last you quite a long time.

Grovel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered all the the stuff today. Hopefully I will get them all soon.

Grovel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, I got my AceKard in today. It was much easier to use then I expected. I have a question though. Any way to get back to the AceKard menu to choose another game? Or do I just have to turn the power off and then back on?

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Press START on the menu and go to patches and enable soft-reset.

In a game Press A+B+L+R+Down on d-pad and it'll go back to the menu

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Fantasma-del-Caribe said:
Yeah, it is a little expensive (got mine for about $54). But I specifically bought an Acekard 2 because of its enhanced memory capacity. I owned an M3Simply and quickly ran out of space at its maxed 2GB capacity. Acekard 2 is a good buy, and you will have the ability to go bigger in memory if you need to....

thats cheap! and i think acecard 2 will be my next purchase

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bliss (OSMenu?) is currently the best by far, but the AKAIO (AK "All in One" formerly AKBBS) menu will be available for the AK2 sometime in the next few days (it previously only ran on the Acekard RPG), making it the fourth menu that can be run on the AK2. It has the best features from a number of different developers including Bliss, and has some features that the Bliss menu doesn't have (like slow-motion).

-Bri

Fantasma-del-Car

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
Fantasma-del-Caribe said:

thats cheap! and i think acecard 2 will be my next purchase

I ordered the memory card way before ordering Acekard2. So I dont remember the site I ordered it from. But I'll look it up and post later

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You Acekard owners should all check out the Panasonic SD card formatter: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79022

It really reduced the file browsing speed with the AK2 menu for me. Now I can put 3.5 GBs worth of roms in one folder and it only takes the AK2 1.5 seconds to open the folder.

Strangely enough, the formatter made no difference for the M3 real, which always had instantaneous folder response anyway.

Also, part of the fun with using the AK2 is its sexy skins. Check out: http://skin.acekard.com/skin/

S197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the Bliss menu. Do I install it over the stock menu, or instead of the stock menu? I tried using it instead of the stock menu and can't navigate to my game folder. When I used the stock menu, I could navigate to it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You use the Bliss menu instead of the official menu. If you have an Acekard 2, you'll want to make sure you're not trying to install the Acekard RPG version.

-Bri

lilz01

Trophies
XP
Country
So i bought an AceKard 2 im Using Acekard2 with Menu (so im not using moonshell) When i owned my R4 i used dpgtools to encode the video files and play them on the ds. now i have no idea what to use to play the movies and photos. I dont want to change the software to Moonshell cause i like the convenience of the acekard software. please any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilz01, please quit posting the same question to different threads. Posting to one thread should suffice. I answered your question in the other thread you started.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But for $20 he will still let you...